News:

• May 05, 2024, 10:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don Still Stuka  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Vincent Corwell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Don Still Stuka
« on: April 29, 2015, 08:11:36 AM »
Anybody done an electric Don Still Stuka, Brodak kit with E conversion ?

looking for : power pack , prop, all up weight,

thanks in advance

Vincent

Offline eric rule

• Commander
Re: Don Still Stuka
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 08:13:30 PM »
Or you could use the Stills Stuka from RSM since that one is approved by Don Stills and represents his actual model.

The Stuka is an easy conversion as it is sized for a .25 glow engine. Our Black Tiger BK 3536C motor with a 3 cell battery (the RSM 25 System) will power it at a completion performance level.

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »
Vic,
I have done this, a couple things you need to do if you are converting an IC ship. I used a front mount, use at least 3/16" plywood mount with two small wood screws per side through the fuse plywood sides to hold the mount (flat side on the mount) as well as epoxy (you might be able to get the nose mount from Tom Morris pre-drilled). Second, you need to hollow the top block very thin to allow the battery to be positioned about 1/3 back over the wing leading edge. Make sure you allow room for the battery to puff a little (I had mine a little to close and had to go back and open it up to fit and keep the balance). The flaps on mine were a bit flexible, I would cover them with silkspan/dope then cover with film to keep them stiff. The ship flies very well on electric but you need enough battery, I tried 4S-2100 mah and it is OK for OTS but short for PA/Classic, go with 4S-2500. Here is the set-up:
E Don Still Stuka

Ship is 42" span, 36 oz dry, 44 oz with battery
Motor = turnigy 35 42B - 1000
Battery = TP 2100 Pro Lite 4S1P
Timer = Ztron 3
ESC Phoenix 35 CC link 3.255, CL Governor - fixed rpm mode, spool custom 8, Governor gain 30, Head Speed change rate -8, 14.8 battery, rpm 9000, motor start med 59, motor timing 8, direct drive, forward, PwM Rate 16 Khz, Brake 100 (hard), Brake delay 0.2, Brake ramp Fast, Cut off - Lipo/normal

Lines = 0.015,  59" C to C
Lap time = 5.0
Flight time 5m, 10sec

Best,      DennisT

Offline Vincent Corwell

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 12:50:52 AM »
Many thanks for your numbers Dennis,

mine was from RSM kit, 47 1/2" wingspan but at 44 ounces would drain the 2200 lipo at 4-41/2 mins

so I am waiting for the Brodak kit  to see if I can build much lighter, Dennis Adamisin reckons he can

get one down to 32 ounces, way beyond my building skills, what a great sport this is though , especially

with the support from forum, as Stunthanger

Best regards

Vincent

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:16:28 AM »
Vincent,

I've seen Dennis' Stuka fly a few times. It flies as smooth as silk and it's a great looking model!

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here