News:

• April 24, 2024, 07:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fiorotti Accelerometer  (Read 876 times)

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Fiorotti Accelerometer
« on: July 02, 2023, 05:12:40 PM »
Since I crashed my Agenda and have it repaired, the Fiorotti system just didn't seem right.  The motor would surge up and down in level flight even with little or no wind.  After a bit of troubleshooting, I discovered the accelerometer must have been damaged in the crash.  The "Timer" portion is just fine.  Does anybody know if I can just replace just the accelerometer?  I have inserted a 4 pin Dupont connector between the timer and the accelerometer so just replacing the accelerometer board would be easy.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Fiorotti Accelerometer
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 08:18:45 PM »
Since I crashed my Agenda and have it repaired, the Fiorotti system just didn't seem right.  The motor would surge up and down in level flight even with little or no wind.  After a bit of troubleshooting, I discovered the accelerometer must have been damaged in the crash.  The "Timer" portion is just fine.  Does anybody know if I can just replace just the accelerometer?  I have inserted a 4 pin Dupont connector between the timer and the accelerometer so just replacing the accelerometer board would be easy.
I don't know the exact answer.  I do know that the accelerometer is factory calibrated but I do not know if that includes the timer board.  I suspect that it does not, but that is a SWAG.  I have a spare.  I roasted the arming circuit on one of mine and I just use it for layout.  Also, given the closeness of the NATS, you are welcome to borrow the one in Trifecta.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 08:21:54 PM »
Another thought - have you tried turning off G-Force?

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 10:14:40 PM »
I don't know the exact answer.  I do know that the accelerometer is factory calibrated but I do not know if that includes the timer board.  I suspect that it does not, but that is a SWAG.  I have a spare.  I roasted the arming circuit on one of mine and I just use it for layout.  Also, given the closeness of the NATS, you are welcome to borrow the one in Trifecta.

Ken

Ken,
Thanks for the generous offer.  I do have a spare I can use off the Pathfinder.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 10:15:43 PM »
Another thought - have you tried turning off G-Force?

Ken

I did not, but when I substituted another sensor, the "timer" worked like it should.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 11:45:49 AM »
I have switched accelerometers and didn't have any issues.  Seemed to work fine.
Jim Vigani

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here