Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Climb and Dive timer, Break issues

(1/2) > >>

Tim Stagg:
I have the timer installed and flew last weekend and it worked great but I have one issue with the break.

When I hook up my castle link to my ice lite 50 it shows the break is disabled and the text is in grey showing that I cant change.

I am using multirotor mode, is there way I can activate the break so I can change the setting to hard break?

Thanks

Tim

pmackenzie:
Multirotors don't use breaks.
Try using airplane mode, fixed throttle endpoints.

CircuitFlyer:
Tim,

As far as I can determine, only the newer EDGE and TALON line of Castle Creations ESC’s allow breaking in multirotor mode. The older ICE models do not.

As Pat mentioned, airplane mode with fixed endpoints will work but is not ideal.  The throttle range/resolution between the fixed endpoints is rather limited compared to other (lower cost) ESC’s. Because of this you will not be able to get the start-up blip.

Tim Stagg:
Thanks for the responses.

I do have several edges in my collections, I will connect one of them to see if I can change the brake on the castle link.

Brent Williams:
Hi Tim, did you try the Castle ESC settings with the Climb/Dive timer that were mentioned in Paul Taylor's posts? https://stunthanger.com/smf/gettin-all-amp'ed-up!/icelite-castle-50a-esc-with-climb-and-dive/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version