News:

• April 30, 2024, 10:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CC spoolup speed/time  (Read 561 times)

Offline andreas johansson

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • SWE-56998
CC spoolup speed/time
« on: August 03, 2009, 11:43:39 AM »
Hi

Anybody more than me who thinks that the spoolup time/speed in the CC ESC:s is to long/slow? Its a bit risky to start without a stooge/helper, I have done that a few times but I can see problems ahead....
I emailed Mr. Joe Ford at CC with a question if it was possible to speed up the spoolup in CL mode in the next version of the Phoenix firmware. He told me that they will look into it. He will bring the question up on the next engineering meeting at CC.

Andreas
Nobler-O-Maniac
SWE 56998

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Re: CC spoolup speed/time
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »
Andreas,

Thanks for bringing the problem to the attention of the CC firm. I would bet that they can/will make adjustments available with the next firmware release.
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »
You can do that now.  It is the head speed start up - anywhere from very slow to medium (what I am using now) to very quick
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • SWE-56998
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 12:46:50 AM »
Hi Dennis

Ahh, interesting. Gotta go to my shop and hook up the computer and check the head speed start up setting.  :)

/Andreas
Nobler-O-Maniac
SWE 56998

Alan Hahn

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 07:45:58 AM »
I am still using last year's firmware, and on mine I am using "8", which is a reasonably fast spool up. Also there is another quantity which is throttle response, which takes over (according to CC) at about 80% of the throttle setting. I have that setup as the default value. It is really only important for that last 20% or if your throttle changes--like mine does on the 3rd lap (after takeoff) from 7600 rpm to 8000. I like a smooth change to the higher speed, not an abrupt one.

I am pretty happy with the spool up rate. It is fast enough so that if I dare try an unassisted takeoff, that the plane doesn't muddle around the circle at very low speed, but not so fast that it noses over either.

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • SWE-56998
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 09:45:04 AM »
Dennis: I am using the Head speed feature at level "high", I had just forget about it. But even in high mode I´m not happy with the spool-up time. I dont want "instant 8400 rpm" but pretty close to that.

Andreas
Nobler-O-Maniac
SWE 56998

Offline Archie Adamisin

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »
The head speed change rate changes the amount of power applied to maintain the selected RPM.  If you change the spool up setting to high, it will be pretty close to instant spool up.  I use this when flying myself.  When flying official, I set this to low or medium.  I signal for start, push the timmer button, and then walk to the handle.  By the time I am ready to launch, the motor is almost up to speed.  I signal launch before motor reaches full rpm.

Play with this to get the spool up speed you want.

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, Indiana

Archie Adamisin
Burlington, KY

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here