News:

• May 09, 2024, 11:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: One more electric win...  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
One more electric win...
« on: August 19, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »
As un-humble as this might seem, I'd like to report another electric CL Stunt win. I was fortunate to overcome some nasty turbulence and capture a win at the second annual Jim Cole Memorial meet this past weekend, nosing out Kent Tysor and Danny Banjok in the process.

This was significant for me as it was my first actual win with an electric model and also my first local contest appearance in PAMPA Stunt since 1993. Yes, I've flown at a few Nats since then, flew at many VSC contests and even qualified for a world team flying an electric powered model, but this was the first "local" contest for me in many years.

The contest was a two day affair with OTS and Classic on Saturday and PAMPA classes on Sunday. I drove down with my flying partner, Buddy Wieder and we practiced all day on Saturday. Tim Stagg asked us to judge Advanced on Sunday and we had a great time doing that. It was fun to see some of my old friends come out of the woodwork and attend this meet. Al Reed was there flying his Red, White and Blue Patternmaster (I told him that it was impressive to see that much lumber in the air at one time...) and Roger Greene from the Sky Lancers of Washington club was also there as a spectator. I let Rog have a few laps and a couple of maneuvers with the Genesis Extreme and I predict that we will see another electric convert because of it...  >:D

It is my intention to start flying a lot of local meets again next year; I've been away too long...

Bob Hunt

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:16:30 PM by Bob Hunt »

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: One more electric win...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »
Way to go Bob!  Well done.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
WELCOME back!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:46:28 AM »
I had a great time at this contest. It was great to spend the time with you. Hopefully we will get to fly a few more local contests together. Thanks for making it a great weekend for my son Kevin. He has a great time flying his electric Flight Streak.
William
AMA 98010

Offline John Sunderland

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 07:27:21 AM »
Hey Bob, since you won....at which contest did you accomplish this electric win? Congrats!
Last local meet I saw you fly in was Cleveland '95 or '96 with the bronze Saturn.

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »
Hi John:

It was the Jim Coll Memorial meet in Hurlock, MD.

Come to think of it, you're right; my last local meet was in 1996! It was Cleveland...  

There were seven (7) electric stunt models entered at the Jim Cole meet. Four were in PAMPA Expert: My Genesis Extreme, Buddy Wieder's Ryan's Eagle, Tim Stagg's Mustang racer and Will DeMauro's SV-11. Will's son, Kevin flew an electric powered Flite Streak Junior in Beginner and there were two others who flew in Intermediate. All of the electric planes flew very well and I believe made a very positive impression. Many people came up to me and asked questions about my system and Buddy's system and indicated that they were going to make the switch to electric for next year. It's happening...

Bob Hunt
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:57:28 PM by Bob Hunt »

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 01:16:39 PM »
<snip>
 Many people came up to me and asked questions about my system and Buddy's system and indicated that they were going to make the switch to electric for next year. It's happening...

Bob Hunt

There's a giant sucking sound in the C/L ranks.  Electric...oh yeah!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:00:43 PM »
Sing the Bobby electric....

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »
You the man Bob! y1 I have seen you win at VSC and never realized you were not competing at other contests.  Keep it up guy, see you in March.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline ptg

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 07:58:44 PM »

It is my intention to start flying a lot of local meets again next year; I've been away too long...

Bob Hunt

Why wait?
There's a pretty good local contest here in Oct.  Might be the closest thing to the Nats without actually going to Muncie. 
PT Granderson

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »
I second Phil's invitation. 

We would all like to see you fly here on the left coast. It would be great to see three World champions, and five National champions flying in the same contest. 

I can safely say that you would have your choice of several E-Stunt planes to fly when you get here. You do not have to make a take-apart to bring.  y1
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline John Sunderland

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 11:16:12 PM »
By the way, Kenny Stevens has flown his 2005 model retrofitted to an EC ArrowWind set-up  the past few weekends, at Paducah and at FCM in Muncie, second only to Matt but with a power package that is only three weeks ago retrofitted. It takes me more time than that to break in an IC engine much less go compete with it. S?P

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »
Congratulations Bob!

long time no write....

As I pointed out in some other threads I called a sabbatical after the 2008 Worlds and I feel like being halfway now,
but if the jobs (radio & music) allow me more time, I might pick up earlier.

With a different model and a different set up, that is...

Bruno
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here