News:

• May 03, 2024, 02:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CC ESC governor gain  (Read 682 times)

Offline andreas johansson

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • SWE-56998
CC ESC governor gain
« on: July 27, 2009, 02:52:28 AM »
Hi guys

Just out of curiosity, how much gain are you using in your CC ESCs (rev. 3.13 firmware)? For myself, I use the stock low setting, but I think my ESC undershots the RPM regulation sometimes so I plan to test the medium setting.
Nobler-O-Maniac
SWE 56998

Alan Hahn

Re: CC ESC governor gain
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:07:51 AM »
I use medium as I recall. I haven't seen any evidence (from my data recorder) that my rpm is varying either up or down, so I am happy with that setting.

If I thought it was varying, I would change i upward. Likewise if I heard things overshooting, I would lower it.

But that all being said, I think there is a range of values that you can use which will hold the rpm constant.

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:20:04 AM »
I have the gain cranked up to 21 (the highest). 
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »
I have mine up to 25 on my C/C 45 and flys great.  y1
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline Archie Adamisin

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 05:17:24 AM »
I would set the gain up as high as you can until you hear the motor seem to be chattering.  Then back it off.  You can also play with the head speed change rate to zero in on your governing ability.

Have fun,

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, Indiana
Archie Adamisin
Burlington, KY

Alan Hahn

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:02:31 AM »
I guess my main reticence to changing what seems to be working (for me) is that I don't have a laptop to bring to the field to do it there. So it is a day turn around from each change (it would be nice if CC had the equivalent of one of the small hand-held boards for field changes).

Knowing my luck, if I changed it, it would overshoot, and probably knock out a day of "Stunt Heaven" weather. If I don't change it, I usually get a day of "Stunt Hell" weather.

But heck, I'm back from Geneva Switz., and today it looks like "Stunt Heaven". That probably means Fred has the lawn mower in to cut grass! HB~>

Offline andreas johansson

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • SWE-56998
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 08:57:56 AM »
Hi guys!

I have changed the gain to medium and I goot noticably better line tension in the wingover. Obviously the ESC didnt react fast enough in low gain setting. I might test the hig gain setting next.

Alan: Good idea with a hand held unit for the ESC, a box like Jetis box would be nice. You have been to Europe? Couldnt you have passed Sweden on your way home, I could have loaned you a C/L model ;D

Andreas
Nobler-O-Maniac
SWE 56998

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »
I guess my main reticence to changing what seems to be working (for me) is that I don't have a laptop to bring to the field to do it there. So it is a day turn around from each change (it would be nice if CC had the equivalent of one of the small hand-held boards for field changes).

Knowing my luck, if I changed it, it would overshoot, and probably knock out a day of "Stunt Heaven" weather. If I don't change it, I usually get a day of "Stunt Hell" weather.

But heck, I'm back from Geneva Switz., and today it looks like "Stunt Heaven". That probably means Fred has the lawn mower in to cut grass! HB~>

I am with you about (not) changing motor things that are working - However "Stunt Hell" daze are probably the best time to evaluate the effect of the governor gain settings. 

Oh, and WELCOME home!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dean Pappas

• Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 11:50:55 AM »
Hi Gang,
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the fastest response and highest gain you can run, without RPM oscillations after the hard corners, is the best flying combination.
later,
Dean
Dean Pappas

Alan Hahn

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:20:21 AM »
Let me rephrase what I mean to say---to me the governor is working fine, but I have a lot of other trim problems to solve---a little hunting, adijusting the takeoff attitude to minimize those VTOL takeoffs, my flying "skills"( n~)..... I just don't want to miss a good flying day to fix something which isn't broken (for me).

Once those get fixed, then I will move onto the smaller stuff (now if I was having rpm sagging, then it would be a big issue!).

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here