News:

• May 08, 2024, 10:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CC 45 setup  (Read 499 times)

Offline Lewis Lingwood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
CC 45 setup
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:07:06 AM »
Hello everyone. This is my first post. Excuse me if this is covered elsewhere. Just tell me where to go. I'm a recent convert to CL electric (this weekend). Here is my setup:
Brodak oil soaked Pathfinder ARF
AXI 2826-10
APC 12X6E.
CC Phoenix 45
Arrowind 4s 3300Mah 20c
Hubin FM-9(Sweet)

I had my friend Bob Duncan our local guru program the CC 45. I started it up for a couple of one minute runs. I set the timer to Governor High mode, RPM 9100.
It started up fine but my tach showed only 4900. I thought maybe it was having trouble with the prop but it wasn't putting out alot of thrust. Last night I downloaded the Castle software thinking Bob might have missed a setting.
I found that he had the governor mode set to "simple". I figured this might be a problem since I had the timer set to high. So I set the ESC to high mode. Now I have all kinds of questions about head speed, gear ratios, magnetic poles etc. I don't want to cause an explosion so.....
Has anyone seen a complete list of their CC 45 parameters?  Thanks.

Lewis Lingwood

Offline Wynn Robins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: CC 45 setup
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:26:03 PM »
I will have to plug my ESC in tonight to give you the right tabs etc - but basics are

Airplane type- control line
Govenor - High
head speed - does not matter unless you are using set RPM modes, the timer takes care of the RPM
Startup - soft
Gear ratio - 1:1 - (unless you have gearbox attached)
Poles - 14 (for the AXI)
PWM - 15 (medium)
Governor Gain - medium
Direction - Forward (if you are using a tractor prop)
Cutoff - I use Auto Lipo
Brake - Hard
Brake ramp .3sec (I think)

brain is failing without looking at the castle link software - I will amend this when i get home tonight.

In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here