Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Cavalier ready to fly.

<< < (2/6) > >>

john e. holliday:
The Cavalier looks great.   I too am now having problems with over head maneuvers.   Ty, been cleaning planes that have been in the shop for a while.  I too noticed those finished with Brodak Clear are letting the covering split with the grain.  On a couple of them I have put a covering of mylar on over the old finished.

John, just seen the post on the flight of your Cavalier.  Sounds like you have a good one. H^^

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: john e. holliday on October 15, 2020, 09:52:54 PM ---I too am now having problems with over head maneuvers.

--- End quote ---
This may warrant it's own thread.  As those kids in their 50's and 60's start to age they are going to find that the body just won't bend like it used to and the trusted peripheral vision is starting to lie to you. :X Two solutions.  1 - Bribe the Judges, 2 - Redefine Classic to be the pilot not the plane. LL~

Bottom line - I feel your pain!

Ken

John Rist:
Well this one no longer exits. Bottom of a figure 8 below pavement.  It was ugly.  Ty gave me some good advice.  While learning keep it high. with time you can bring it down. :'(     Working on a replacement.  I acquired another one of Ty's wall decorations.  You can't believe how many aircrafts Ty has in his garage.

John Rist:
Well here we go again.  Another Cavaler ready for it's first flight.   As I said earlier This was a wall hanger in Ty's garage.  It was in primer but the covering had became brittle.  Not wanting to spend a lot of money on it, (in my hands it may be short lived  LL~),  I finished it with stuff I had on hand.  It looks OK at 10 ft.  But you don't want to look close.  It appears to be flight worthy.  All of the electronics and motor are working as planned.  So it's time for first flight.  Right now it's too windy.  So hopefully next week I can give it a go y1

John Rist:
First flight today. Ty's wall hanger Flies OK. Looks like Ty built this one warp free.   #^  Needs a little trimming.  Should be a good flying aircraft.  PS it's still in one piece.  I kept everything high!   LL~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version