Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Cavalier ready to fly.

<< < (3/6) > >>

John Rist:
Flew my Cavalier again today.   The speed controller went belly up. Fortunately it was during level flight. It was the one that was involved in the really bad crash.  Also the motor is working but seem a little ruff.  Just ordered a new ESC and motor.  I use the Turnigy Plush-32 40A with my KR timer and the motor is a Cobra 2826/10.  Not a lot of $ to keep from destroying another Cavalier.  y1  PS did most of the beginner's pattern.  New Cavalier is trimmed out and flies great!

John Rist:
Did it again.  Same stupid thing.  The green and white Cavalier is no more.    :'(

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: John Rist on November 20, 2020, 01:11:47 PM ---Did it again.  Same stupid thing.  The green and white Cavalier is no more.    :'(

--- End quote ---
You are going to make me cry.  Two Cavaliers in less than one month?  Don't let it get you down.  We all re-kitted ships learning the pattern.  One thing to keep in the back of your mind going forward.  The V8 and clover are very susceptible to down drafts.  It will take years to develop the instincts to know when you are in one and it doesn't take much.  Your only defense early on is to have enough reserve control to turn it out of danger.  The hard part is learning to not use it unless you need it.

Another Cavalier?  I am seriously considering one for Classic/Profile.  My PA ship in the 70's was a highly modified Cavalier I called Surveyor.

Ken

Brent Williams:
I think you need some foam wing based planes to learn the more advanced maneuvers.  Crashes become inconveniences not catastrophes.  Fix with gorilla glue and packing tape.

John Rist:
I am in the process of resurrecting the green Cavalier. Requires a whole new front end. On a limited budget right now so I am using stuff from the scrap box. It will be butt ugly but hopefully it will fly OK.  My big concern is straightness and weight.  If it work pictures and flight report to follow.   D>K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version