News:

• April 30, 2024, 05:51:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Castle link software problem  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Alan Resinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Castle link software problem
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:18:37 AM »
I've got a new laptop running Windows 7 (64 bit).  I've tried over and over to load the Castle link software.  I've tried everything and it refuses to load on this computer.  Castle's tech gave me a number of things to try and still no luck.  Anybody else have this problem and did you get any kind of fix?  Maybe I should look for a used laptop running XP.
Alan Resinger

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Re: Castle link software problem
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »
I'm sure Castle Creations Tech folks know what there is to know but I believe you do have to load the software while in Administrator mode for Win 7.

John
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:08:54 AM »
Did you try running the software first in administrative mode? then connecting the link after? You can also try compatibility mode for one of the versions of Win XP. I've had no issues installing  this on multiple Win 7 computers. Of course that doesn't mean that there cant be an exception.
AMA 98010

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:16:29 AM »
Same as above, right click then "Run as Administrator"
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »
Thanks guys.  I tried again after posting and got the same error message and was going to give up.  I went to the download file on the computer and this time there was the download.  It had acted just like it did during the previous tries but this time even with the error messages it came through.  I right clicked, got run and Admin., and it installed.  Can't figure what the problem was.  Castle even had me checking to see if a certain TT font was installed on the new computer.  I'm happy now.
Alan Resinger

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »
Would not surprise me one bit that you will find down the line that some other application or function will no longer function properly. What you did was force the operating system to install drivers and other code, when built in safe guards kept aborting the process. Most times this ultimately come back to haunt you later. Particularly if you are running it in compatibility mode under W7 64 bit. The way around this is to run the 32 BIT version of the OS but then you just cut the performance of your PC in half.
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »
Having just gone through the teething process of installing W 7 64 bit, it is designed to install and run some 32 bit applications, in fact it installs them in a different portion of the OS. The right click "run as administrator" is a real key to making things work right.
No reason to downgrade to a32 bit OS,, I would be surprised if it was "forced" to installk drivers that circumvented the operating system safegaurds,, in fact I would be shocked if it came " back to haunt you " down the road
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »
the admin mode in VISTA and 7 is designed to stop illegal installs by external  (remote) parties - try loading ANYTHING onto VISTA or 7 and you will have to run it as Admin - it ensures that it is being installed by an operative - not a programme.. 
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here