News:

• May 22, 2024, 11:23:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Castle Link - on I phone?  (Read 962 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Castle Link - on I phone?
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »
Guys,

Does anyone know if Castle Link can be loaded onto one of the new mobile phones that have Windows operating systems? This would be great not needing to haul a laptop to the field. It seems that the I Phone or LG Incite phones could do the job.

Best,          Dennis

Alan Hahn

Re: Castle Link - on I phone?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »
Well of course an Iphone is definitely not running a Windows system!!  y1

I am not sure a Window's mobile system has USB drivers compatible with a Windows driver. You could e-mail Castle Creations and ask. There system works (now) I have read on a Windows Netbook. May be the most cost effective way to get a Field Laptop. I bought a VMWare virtual machine app for my wife's MacBook, that runs XP and that works with the CC Link and Eagletree software. However she isn't so keen on sharing her laptop with me! :'(

Speaking of Iphones, I just bought a small RC application for my Ipod Touch (Iphone without the phone). It has a notebook to keep track of your batteries. Haven't really tried using it yet.

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
since we have Jeti box working with ESC and with timer ...........  VD~

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »
since we have Jeti box working with ESC and with timer ...........  VD~

Or Schulze Future 18.46K F2B. Castle needs to get with the program!

Mike

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 05:20:15 PM »
I do not know Schulze so well ... can you set RPM by the programming card?

Offline Archie Adamisin

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
Or Schulze Future 18.46K F2B. Castle needs to get with the program!

Mike

Mike,

I did like your new system with Neu motor and Shultze controller.   y1 But just out of curiosity, have you tried the new Castle Link software?  The Controline settings are very easy to use. I know that Crist Rigotti and Alan Hahn have used them as well as my Uncle Dennis and I.  I know there are others as well who have used the new castle settings successfully.  It can be programmed using a timer if the set RPM feature is not used.  This would fit right in with your Zigras timer with needle fine adjust feature.  I choose the set rpm feature because I have a field laptop that I use. 

Pat has worked hard on the Phoenix series controllers.  If anything, I think that Pat's controllers are setting the stage for programability.  Let's look at it this way, he added a controline program to arm the brake in governor mode along with (3) modes of governing for ECL.  That is a bunch to ask for a rather small community of fliers when you consider his market. H^^

Take Care,
Archie Adamisin
Burlington, KY

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 10:17:58 PM »
I do not know Schulze so well ... can you set RPM by the programming card?

No, but all programming is done directly on the ESC, no programming card, laptop, cables etc.... needed. The RPM is set by the timer just like the CC ESC's. I was saying it is more convenient than CC ESC's.

Mike,

I did like your new system with Neu motor and Shultze controller.   y1 But just out of curiosity, have you tried the new Castle Link software?  The Controline settings are very easy to use. I know that Crist Rigotti and Alan Hahn have used them as well as my Uncle Dennis and I.  I know there are others as well who have used the new castle settings successfully.  It can be programmed using a timer if the set RPM feature is not used.  This would fit right in with your Zigras timer with needle fine adjust feature.  I choose the set rpm feature because I have a field laptop that I use. 

Pat has worked hard on the Phoenix series controllers.  If anything, I think that Pat's controllers are setting the stage for programability.  Let's look at it this way, he added a controline program to arm the brake in governor mode along with (3) modes of governing for ECL.  That is a bunch to ask for a rather small community of fliers when you consider his market. H^^

Take Care,

I didn't mean to sound like I don't like CC ESC's, I love them in fact. I use them in all my airplanes besides my Mustang and I own at least 6 or 8 of them. I have limited experience with the new software because my older airplanes are already set up and my most recent (Mustang) uses the Schulze ESC.

I have met Pat and he is a great guy who does all he can in every aspect to support the hobby. What they did for C/L fliers is great. My only complaint is the lack of a affordable programming method that is easy. Schulze and Jeti both offer this. I will try the timer method you mentioned, but I have a feeling it will be similar to the old Tx programming method. Personally, I try to use all off the shelf products and techniques anyone can do. A laptop IMO is to much to ask of someone flying E-C/L (E-C/L is expensive as it is in many peoples eyes). I have used a laptop in the past, but I find it hard to promote the hobby when things head that direction.

Mike

Alan Hahn

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 07:49:04 AM »
Mike,
The new Windoze Netbooks are not much more expensive than a Thunderpower lite battery!

The bonus is when you pull it out at a contest and hook it up to the ESC, you can tell your competitors that you are downloading some corrections to your pattern! That should psyche them out. n~

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 10:35:40 AM »
Mike,
The new Windoze Netbooks are not much more expensive than a Thunderpower lite battery!

The bonus is when you pull it out at a contest and hook it up to the ESC, you can tell your competitors that you are downloading some corrections to your pattern! That should psyche them out. n~

Naw, I will be downloading corrections to the scoring program to "help" the CD.

Let's take a slightly different tack at one of th epoints I think Archie was trying to make.  I understand that at Toledo this year Pat at Castle remarked that he had not received much feedback one way or another for the new CL software they introduced.  Now folks, THAT is the way to shoot ourselves in the foot with big time specialty suppliers!  and yes, I AM GUILTY of that non-support.

I would imagine that other suppliers might not be getting much feedback either - I propose that we feedback early and feedback OFTEN if we want to continue to get great support from folks like Castle, Shulze and numerous others!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »
Mike,

I know there are some very reasonable options out there, but it is just one more item to add to the total bill. I am sure given time CC will have a cheap programming box/method also. BTW, I don't know if telling your competitors you are making corrections to your pattern would be a good thing. :P To bad for them..........

Let's take a slightly different tack at one of th epoints I think Archie was trying to make.  I understand that at Toledo this year Pat at Castle remarked that he had not received much feedback one way or another for the new CL software they introduced.  Now folks, THAT is the way to shoot ourselves in the foot with big time specialty suppliers!  and yes, I AM GUILTY of that non-support.

I would imagine that other suppliers might not be getting much feedback either - I propose that we feedback early and feedback OFTEN if we want to continue to get great support from folks like Castle, Shulze and numerous others!

This is a great idea and I am also guilty.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags: ESP  Castle 

Advertise Here