News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Castale Talon 35 over current on braking  (Read 537 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Castale Talon 35 over current on braking
« on: November 22, 2023, 08:02:47 AM »
I have setup my Castle Talon 35 ESC braking for .1 sec delay and hard brake. Doing a test all was well but once it braked to a stop it gave a long beep and short beep. During the run it only pulls about 17 amps so I assume the hard brake is doing it. Since this is only for a short time is this OK to live with or should I reduce the brake setting or give longer delay before it applies it?

Best,   DennisT

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Castale Talon 35 over current on braking
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 01:24:03 PM »
Try staying with the hard brake. Change your brake delay to .3 and your brake ramp to fast or very fast. I have used those setting for a long time and found them preferable to very hash settings. I think this is all we really need and it is more than fast enough.
AMA 98010

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Castale Talon 35 over current on braking
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 07:27:20 AM »
Update: I found out that it was not on braking that it was going over current but on startup. I was trying to get the fastest start spin up to get the ship up to speed quicker on takeoff. I increased the start spool-up to custom 7 and the starting motor power to 80%. This was what gave the over current situation. I later made things worst by increasing this to spool-up at high - 8 and start power to 90% this caused a over current shut down. I remember having this happen on my Ringmaster setup so looked back at my notes and found that these two settings should be a medium for both. Reset and did ground test with no issues or ESC beeps.

I got out for a full test flight. All was set and the weather was holding (was supposed to be raining all weekend) so I figured I would see if I could get the fight in. Flight went as planned, motor start was smooth and solid the whole flight with a clean cut off. No ESC beeps or signals for over current.

Seems the good starting point for any of the Castle Creation ESC's is to set the start spool-up rate and motor start power to medium, current cut off can be set to normal with hard cutoff. This is what I call the Fox 35, 10x6 prop, 5%N Superfuel set up, it is reliable, simple and easy to set up.

Best,   DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here