News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:55:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can this be real?  (Read 852 times)

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Can this be real?
« on: April 23, 2019, 03:55:15 PM »
Maybe I have not looked hard enough but is this weight and size even possible?

https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batteries/6s-22-2v/hobbystar-3000mah-22-2v-6s-30c-lipo-battery.html

Has anybody tried this battery?

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Can this be real?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 05:45:04 PM »
I didn’t look at the size, but the weight and capacity look a tad more than the Thunder Power batteries that many of us are using. It could very well be real.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 06:17:57 PM »
I didn’t look at the size, but the weight and capacity look a tad more than the Thunder Power batteries that many of us are using. It could very well be real.
Thanks - I have heard nothing but good about the Thunder Power batteries.  Maybe I will try them.  That battery is 100 grams lighter and and 15mm shorter than what I am using.. That matters when you are trying to cram 40 lbs of power plant into a 35 lb nose!

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Chris Cox

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 03:50:18 PM »
Thanks - I have heard nothing but good about the Thunder Power batteries.  Maybe I will try them.  That battery is 100 grams lighter and and 15mm shorter than what I am using.. That matters when you are trying to cram 40 lbs of power plant into a 35 lb nose!

Ken

Thunder Power have a sale on most major holidays.  30 to 50% off, depending on their mood at the time (I made that up, probably not true).  Most of us wait until then to place our orders.  The 50% off is a dynamite deal!

They also have a terrific return policy if the battery does not live up to expectations.

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 04:02:04 PM »
Could it be real?Could be but, Keep in mind that many lipo manufactures exaggerate the ratings on their batteries. So lets say there is a 10% exaggeration, then you are right there with the TP batteries but with more weight and a questionable guarantee at best. I'm with Chris, I'm buying the TP packs and taking advantage of the sales and guarantees of a USA based dealer with a fantastic reputation. To me they are not priced even close to low enough to experiment with.
AMA 98010

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 04:51:47 PM »
Could it be real?Could be but, Keep in mind that many lipo manufactures exaggerate the ratings on their batteries. So lets say there is a 10% exaggeration, then you are right there with the TP batteries but with more weight and a questionable guarantee at best. I'm with Chris, I'm buying the TP packs and taking advantage of the sales and guarantees of a USA based dealer with a fantastic reputation. To me they are not priced even close to low enough to experiment with.
Is there a sale on TP that you know of in the near future?  I need 2 6s 2700-3000 like - now and I don't want to have to take out a second mortgage to buy TP at list.  I have a couple of Zippy's that are performing well but nobody has them in stock. 

ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 10:45:56 PM »
My guess the next sales are Memorial Day, maybe Fathers Day , and Fourth of July.  But thats just a guess. Best sale is always Black Friday.
AMA 98010

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here