News:

Advertise Here

• November 18, 2019, 02:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Building an E flight streak  (Read 477 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Building an E flight streak
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:30:35 AM »
I was looking at one of my ringmasters last night trying to figure out if the Brodak Ringmaster conversion kit could be used on a Flite Streak , I have an older un-built Streak kit and the field close to my new house only allows electric on Sundays do to proximity of a local church. I like how the battery is tucked into the fuse instead of hanging out in the breeze on the Ringer. Thanks TJ
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline John Rist

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Building an E flight streak
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 08:12:53 AM »
How old is "older"?   If it is a 1960 ish complete kit sell it on eBay as a collector's item for big $.  Use the money to buy a modern lazier cut electric kit.   LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Online Motorman

• Admiral
  • Millville NJ PDQ Flying Clown Country
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 08:37:28 AM »
I had an E flight streak. All I can say is make sure you get the vertical CG right on the center or it will fly like a duck with a broken wing.

Motorman 8)
There will be a sunny day and we will fly our airplanes.

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 05:24:28 AM »
Well I was down looking at the Ringer and the Streak again, and suddenly remembered the swap meet Cosmic Wind I picked up a few years ago "actually it sits on top of the fridge and I was getting a cold one" I took it down and checked it over its missing its vertical stab &  rudder and has a little bit of hanger rash,  so I think I will order the conversion kit from Brodak and modify this one instead, less work and a proven set up TJ :)
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline William DeMauro

• 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 06:26:46 AM »
It's a flight streak. Keep the conversion simple this will work on most profiles and you should be be able to use the same power system on the Ringmaster,Flight Streak, and Cosmic Wind.  I found some conversion conversion pictures that I will post  They are not all my planes but it will show you options
AMA 98010

Offline Rogerio Fiorotti

• Lieutenant
    • Control Line by Fiorotti
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 07:57:03 PM »
Hi friends.

Some time ago I made some very simple conversions that work very well in photos are a Ring Master and a Primary Force. I hope it helps.

Online Crist Rigotti

• Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 08:22:13 PM »
That is quite a Ringmaster!  H^^
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Steve Dwyer

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 06:54:20 AM »
Rogerio,

Gotta love the motor mounts on both models. I'm building a Primary Force electric, first one was an IC.
Please tell me you are buying those mounts.  If you're making them it appears you are working from "T" stock and not angle stock. Can you give me some insight, I have a Scotch Brite wheel on my pedestal mounted grinding unit  Very nice work.

Steve

Tags:

Advertise Here