News:

• March 29, 2024, 04:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Electric Super Clown ARF  (Read 745 times)

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Brodak Electric Super Clown ARF
« on: September 08, 2022, 05:25:33 PM »
Alright, I just picked up a Brodak e-Super Clown ARF on eBay that was just too good to pass up ($60 new, $65 after tax, free shipping), and I need a power system for it. The obvious thing is to just get the complete package from Brodak, but I'm wondering if there is something else out there, perhaps a little cheaper, and importantly, in stock.

I know I'll need:
motor
battery
ESC
timer
prop for motor
charger

Suggestions?

Steve

Offline CircuitFlyer

• Commander
    • www.circuitflyer.com
Re: Brodak Electric Super Clown ARF
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 07:08:03 PM »
That sounds like a sweet deal you found with free shipping to boot. I’ve been flying (and repairing) mine for about 8 or 9 years now. Suits my limited flying skills OK.

Motor, prop and ESC - The Cobra line of motors are good quality and value. Use the prop charts to pick one that can swing an APC 9x6E to 11,000 RPM on a 3S battery. That should give you plenty of power. A 35A ESC should suffice. Again the Badass line is a good value.

Battery - That’s a bit of a problem. The opening in the wing limits how thick of a battery will fit. Your probably stuck with 3S batteries. The only ones I could get at my local hobby shops that fit were eFlite 2500mAh 30C units. They will give me 5 minute flights but I wish they had a little more capacity.

Timer - KR Governor timer from RSM Distribution.

Charger - Do some research and get the best one you can afford that will suit your future needs. The iCharger lineup is decent.

Paul Emmerson
Spinning electrons in circles in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada DIY Control Line Timers - www.circuitflyer.com

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Re: Brodak Electric Super Clown ARF
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 08:19:09 PM »
Brodak has a nice chart showing appropriate power packages.

https://brodak.com/pub/media/pdf/BrodakPowerSystems04Feb2022.pdf
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here