News:

• April 19, 2024, 09:10:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Blue Angel Kit with Brodak Electric Conversion Kit  (Read 684 times)

Offline David Ruff

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Brodak Blue Angel Kit with Brodak Electric Conversion Kit
« on: August 15, 2019, 07:39:21 AM »
So I am thinking of this as my first electric.  Anybody familiar with the Brodak conversion kit for Blue Angel?

Thanks in advance.
Retired Army

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak Blue Angel Kit with Brodak Electric Conversion Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 10:28:13 PM »
Hi David,

The Electric Conversion for the Blue Angel is a fairly recent addition to the Brodak line, and since we are not into building season I would be pleasantly surprised to hear if any are flying yet.  Attached below is a copy of the assembly manual for the conversion, so you can see what it entails.

The design includes a front mounted motor and shows a Brodak 2826 installation, which should be more than enough power.  However there is room for even the large frame (35xx series) motors - I would only use one of those if the airplane turned out tail heavy and needed extra nose weight.  The installation includes an inboard side-access battery compartment both for security and to get around the forward location of the canopy which precludes a top hatch.  The conversion also includes building a reinforced pocket into the wing leading edge to allow the battery to go aft an extra inch or so if needed to adjust CG.   

I designed and built the installation shown in the instruction manual. My Blue Angel has been essentially ready to cover since March of this year, but got set aside as I have built five other conversions since then, with a sixth currently on the board.  Should you go forward with this, keep in touch and I can help you with any questions along the way.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline David Ruff

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Brodak Blue Angel Kit with Brodak Electric Conversion Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 05:12:35 AM »
Dennis...thanks very much.  I think I will try the Tanager first, however.  Profile with a Brodak conversion.
Retired Army

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here