News:

• April 23, 2024, 03:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What setup for the Brodak Spitfire?  (Read 792 times)

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
What setup for the Brodak Spitfire?
« on: December 07, 2018, 01:55:55 PM »
As the title says, what setup (complete plug and play) should I get for the Brodak Spitfire kit# CLB-31?
Wing Span: 54 in.
Plane Length: 33 1/2 in.
Wing Area: 558 sq. in.
Engine: .35 to .46 (I would never consider anything less than the .46!)

I tried RSM but they are missing components, so can't ship everything.  Brodak systems only go up to .35 size.  If I need to, I will order everything peice-meal via Amazon or whatever, but I desperately need help figuring out what I need in the first place!  I am electronically stupid, please help! H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
Re: What setup for the Brodak Spitfire?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 02:46:00 PM »
As the title says, what setup (complete plug and play) should I get for the Brodak Spitfire kit# CLB-31?
Wing Span: 54 in.
Plane Length: 33 1/2 in.
Wing Area: 558 sq. in.
Engine: .35 to .46 (I would never consider anything less than the .46!)

I tried RSM but they are missing components, so can't ship everything.  Brodak systems only go up to .35 size.  If I need to, I will order everything peice-meal via Amazon or whatever, but I desperately need help figuring out what I need in the first place!  I am electronically stupid, please help! H^^
Greetings!  Just curious, what are you trying to do with the plane?  You mention using a .46 so I'm assuming you want to control the throttle electronically, yes?  With that in mind, are you looking to install retracts or some other function?  If the answer is yes, I believe I can make some suggestions as I and a couple of my local flying buddies successfully built and flew Brodaks Bearcats, CLB-30 with those functions.

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:25:36 PM »
Hi Jim, thanks for the reply.  I want to get a total electric system for this plane, so the electric motor must be equivalent to a .46.  I have no knowledge of whats required, so I was going to get the "RSM 46 Sport Level Electric Power System equal to .46 glow".  Unfortunately they are missing some of the components, so can't ship everything, nor do they have any chargers and apparently will not be restocking.  So now I am looking to see if there are any equivalent systems, or what I need piece by piece.
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 03:52:40 PM »
Problem has been resolved!  Mike contacted me and it appears it was all my fault because I had written down the wrong numbers.  So everything is good and RSM has everything I need except the charger.  If anyone has a used one for a good price, please let me know. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 05:51:18 AM »
Problem has been resolved!  Mike contacted me and it appears it was all my fault because I had written down the wrong numbers.  So everything is good and RSM has everything I need except the charger.  If anyone has a used one for a good price, please let me know. H^^

Hard to beat, Thunder Power charger.

http://www.thunderpowerrc.com/CHARGERS_POWER_SUPPLIES/Chargers_2/TP610HVC

I have the 4 unit version and it is GRRRRRATE!   So I am sure that the one unit version works and the price is right.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here