News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Battery blown  (Read 946 times)

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Battery blown
« on: August 14, 2021, 02:39:55 PM »
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/frog-battery-has-blown-cant-get-it-back-in-the-case.41713/

I was going to post this in the "humour" thread but I actually think the guy is serious.

From a UK E-Bike forum.

TTFN
John
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Battery blown
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 03:25:27 PM »
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/frog-battery-has-blown-cant-get-it-back-in-the-case.41713/

I was going to post this in the "humour" thread but I actually think the guy is serious.

From a UK E-Bike forum.

TTFN
John
Looks like this user has no clue about the care and feeding of LiPo batteries.  Next he will probably stab them with an ice pick to deflate them.   LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »
Looks like this user has no clue about the care and feeding of LiPo batteries.  Next he will probably stab them with an ice pick to deflate them.   LL~

Wait.  That's not what you do?

Where's my duct tape!
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 03:53:43 AM »
Im confused by this.

I always thought puffing of a battery was a good thing akin to how a bodybuilder puts on muscle. Puffing is a sign your batteries are working hard and are growing bigger to adapt to the load. Ive often felt I get more power, longer run times faster charging the more puffy it gets.
Obviously you need to factor this into your build to allow ( like a cg shift) battery swell. Most guys don't allow for this or even take advantage of the benifits of a MASSIVE lipo swell.

Forget 5S or even 6S : a puffy 4S will kill any piped .75 for power delivery. Its like a supercharged electric setup.

You guys dont know the 1st thing about Lipos
LIPO stands for Let It Puff OK

For every 10% of atmospheric swell I gain 10% more power reserve resonance to used anytime after the landing but before the next manouver. 
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 06:29:09 AM »
Im confused by this.

I always thought puffing of a battery was a good thing akin to how a bodybuilder puts on muscle. Puffing is a sign your batteries are working hard and are growing bigger to adapt to the load. Ive often felt I get more power, longer run times faster charging the more puffy it gets.
Obviously you need to factor this into your build to allow ( like a cg shift) battery swell. Most guys don't allow for this or even take advantage of the benifits of a MASSIVE lipo swell.

Forget 5S or even 6S : a puffy 4S will kill any piped .75 for power delivery. Its like a supercharged electric setup.

You guys dont know the 1st thing about Lipos
LIPO stands for Let It Puff OK

For every 10% of atmospheric swell I gain 10% more power reserve resonance to used anytime after the landing but before the next manouver.
'Thar she blows...."
Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 10:47:00 AM »
I love  the smell of lithium burning in the morning

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here