News:

• April 18, 2024, 07:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Axi 2826/13 V2 motor issue  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Vitalis Pilkionis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Axi 2826/13 V2 motor issue
« on: June 09, 2018, 02:32:43 PM »
Yesterday while changing a battery between flights, I accidentaly noticed an unusual look of my motor - some red particle was hanging out through one of the vent holes. At home I disassembled the motor and found a plastic venting fan broken. There was no choice only to remove that fan completely out.
Actually I am not very concerned about an overheating problems in the future, because I use an additional heatsink, but the issue was not what I expected from such a well known manufacturer. So check your Axi as well.

Vitalis

• Commander
Re: Axi 2826/13 V2 motor issue
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »
Another weird thing that I noticed after disassembling my Axi was burrs on the inner side of cooling holes. I easily removed them with a bamboo stick. I don't know if a loose aluminum particle of this size could do any harm to a running motor, but anyway... this is weird  :-\

Vitalis

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 03:45:11 PM »
Just curious, did you have a prop or nose strike?

Dennis

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 04:05:33 PM »
Yes, I did have a prop strike once. You think that could cause fan breakage?

Vitalis

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 03:42:05 AM »
You might want to pass all this along to AXI.  They may provide you with a new motor. At least they need to know.   I don't know who you should report it to. Perhaps the US importer?
John Rist
AMA 56277

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 04:11:08 AM »
I'v bought it directly from Axi Model Motors, at their web shop www.modelmotors.cz

Recently got their response about the issue, saying "there are some signs of surface damage caused by poor handling of this motor. It is obvious, that the plastic fan is damaged mechanically".
But those signs was just a result of me trying to take out that loose part of the fan with tweezers, because I did not want to disassemble the motor.

And now comes the funniest part of the story. This is what they have written to me regarding those burrs:
"We produce quality motors. Your the trouser also have signs of production inside."   LL~

Cheers,
Vitalis

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 09:20:17 AM »
You could try plastic glue.

No need for that. I'v already flown a dozen of flights without the fan and the motor operates just fine. As I mentioned earlier, I use a heatsink and it takes out the big part of a heat from the motor.

Vitalis

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 03:45:37 PM »
I'v bought it directly from Axi Model Motors, at their web shop www.modelmotors.cz

Recently got their response about the issue, saying "there are some signs of surface damage caused by poor handling of this motor. It is obvious, that the plastic fan is damaged mechanically".
But those signs was just a result of me trying to take out that loose part of the fan with tweezers, because I did not want to disassemble the motor.

And now comes the funniest part of the story. This is what they have written to me regarding those burrs:
"We produce quality motors. Your the trouser also have signs of production inside."   LL~
At the price I am glad I use Cobra motors.  SO far great service!  y1

Cheers,
Vitalis
John Rist
AMA 56277

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here