News:

• June 15, 2024, 03:31:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AXI 2826/12, Anyone got one?  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
AXI 2826/12, Anyone got one?
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:53:07 AM »
Couple of questions on the AXI 2826/12.

Anyone got one?

Thanks in advance.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: AXI 2826/12, Anyone got one?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 01:33:14 PM »
I believe I do, but I will have to check when I get home tonight from work, Privat message me
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »
I believe I do, but I will have to check when I get home tonight from work, Privat message me

Mark,

I'm looking for measurements and photos.

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »
Not sure what you are looking for, but this may have the info, certainly the measurements

https://www.modelmotors.cz/product/detail/233/
Fred

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 05:54:22 PM »
Not sure what you are looking for, but this may have the info, certainly the measurements

https://www.modelmotors.cz/product/detail/233/

Thanks Fred.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 07:25:01 PM »
if thats all, try GOogle
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espritmodel.com%2Faxi-2826-12-outrunner-brushless-motor.aspx

I did, but I didn't find what Fred did. Great link, but it's England. I'll do a USA search tomorrow.

I'm looking for a used one.

Thanks for the replies.

Charles

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 09:54:03 PM »
you know CHarles, I know you have a thing against me, but seriously, did you click on the link I posted, its a USA company, they dont sell used though,, so you are not looking for pictures, you are looking for a used motor,,

just say what you want,, I tried AGAIN to help you,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Online Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 10:33:40 PM »
I have 2 of them. Post what info you need and I will measure and reply.

Regards, Mike Scholtes

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 07:56:36 AM »

Mark,

I did use your link. A google index page came up, probably because of my old Windows XP.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:36:05 AM by Avaiojet »

Offline Chris Cox

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 09:46:09 AM »
Hey Mark

I tried your link as well, but unlike Avio, I probably waited a little longer.  Brilliant.  That was very cool.  Well done!

Chris

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
Hey Mark

I tried your link as well, but unlike Avio, I probably waited a little longer.  Brilliant.  That was very cool.  Well done!

Chris

Chris,

I waited quite a while actually. Even tried it a few times. Like I said, could be my Windows XP.

What are you using?

Charles

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 12:30:21 PM »
if thats all, try GOogle
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espritmodel.com%2Faxi-2826-12-outrunner-brushless-motor.aspx

Mark, i did this on my phone, it makes for a funny animation, and even talks some trash.... I love it!

Charles, if the axi is too expensive new (totally understandable) try this alternative... It's the hobby people brand motor. Very close. This one is a little higher Kv, so you'll need less prop than the one you listed. I've used plenty of these. Very high quality. And watch for sales!

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php/2826-05-brushless-motor-w-hardware.html

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 01:24:00 PM »
"Great" Dane,

Thanks for the link.

I like saving money. I don't have much of it.  ;D

What RPM's are you getting?

Do you use the bolt on collet I see in the photos?

Charles

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 03:08:12 PM »
That is a closer match to a 2826/10.
 Probably the way they are counting the turns. For DRLK wind 5 on each tooth to make a wind, which AXI (and just about everyone else) would call 10 turns.
The original AXI motors were LRK and wound on only every other tooth. I have a couple of them (2820/10)

On 4 cells use an APC12x6 at about 9K.

Pat MacKenzie
MAAC 8177

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 06:22:59 PM »
"Great" Dane,

Thanks for the link.

I like saving money. I don't have much of it.  ;D

What RPM's are you getting?

Do you use the bolt on collet I see in the photos?

Charles

What Pat said above, spot on for my experiences as well. I will note, my sole experience with this motor i pointed out is RC. So i would take what Pat Mckenzie says to heart

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 05:54:45 AM »
http://www.rcdude.com/product-p/c-2826-12.htm
Much cheaper virtually the same size and specs as the Axi

http://www.rcdude.com/product-p/c-3515-18.htm
Also cheaper similar in weight, the dimensions change a little but also a good substitute. Do you realize that these are pretty much 5 cell motors for our applications?

AMA 98010

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 06:03:14 AM »
12 wind is better suited to 5 cells, the kV is a bit low for 4.
But the 10 wind (like the one that Mark linked to)  to will work quite well with 4 cells if used with the APC 12 x 6.
Till quite recently I had that setup in my Vector 40. Also used it in an ARF Nobler, but ended up with a slightly smaller motor to save a bit of weight.

It depends a lot on the actual application: plane size, weight, prop, type of flying.
MAAC 8177

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here