News:

• April 19, 2024, 06:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Converting ARF Oriental to electric. HELP!!  (Read 689 times)

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Converting ARF Oriental to electric. HELP!!
« on: January 12, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »
Hi all.  As the title says, I am converting an ARF Oriental to electric and I need some help.  I have never done anything with electric before and am at a loss as to what is needed.  I have purchased a complete system from RSM but have no idea how to put it in the airplane.  If anyone out there has a front mount motor system for a full fuse ship, could they please take and post some close-up photos of it for me?  I just can't seem to find anything to help me.  I thought RSM would have some detailed instructions for installation, but nope.  I can't seem to find anything that has close-up photos of an installed system.  Anyways, thanks in advance for any help. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
Re: Converting ARF Oriental to electric. HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 05:17:17 PM »
Start here:

Brodak has a conversion kit. To convert your Built-Up Oriental to electric power use Universal “A” Electric Conversion kit #BH-1943
http://brodak.com/electric-accessories-1/conversion-kits/universal-a-electric-conversion.html

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:20 PM »
Hi Kevin.  Thank you so much.  I watched all of the videos; you have a pretty neat youtube site.  Lots of interesting stuff!

I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order the Brodak universal mounting kit.  I was going to once before, but they said that I had to order a minimum of $20 and then the shipping was going to be just shy of $30 bucks?  So with the exchange and such I was going to be paying approximately $50 for a $9.00 part.  I'm on a fixed income and this was just too much.  But I guess I don't have a choice....at least for the first one.  I can use the first to make a pattern for others to come I guess.

Would it be possible to see how you set up the components?  I was thinking of using Velcro to hold everything in, but wasn't sure of placement. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 08:31:11 PM »
Canada shipping bites.
1st those are not my videos on the Oriental. I just saved them to my Utube channel for easy referance.
I secure my battery in with Velcro glued to the battery and battery tray also for safety i use velcro straps around it with a locking hasp access hatch.
Had one of our flyers loose his battery and esc in flight this last week due to improperly securing it. Lucky it didnt hit anybody or anyones aircraft.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here