News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any Electric Flight Co. that take PayPal/  (Read 766 times)

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Any Electric Flight Co. that take PayPal/
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:37:39 PM »
Ok....I am really new to this and have finally saved enough to buy (hopefully) a complete electric flight system and charger.  I much prefer using PayPal and am looking for a good company that uses it.  I am so new at this that I don't even know what companies are out there.  RSM has the system (all but charger) that looks good, but they only use credit cards, etc.  Any help being pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Any Electric Flight Co. that take PayPal/
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:56:12 PM »
Try Brodak?  I don't know if they take PayPal, but they have all the stuff.

Or HobbyKing, if you want to translate from Cheap RC to Control Line.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:55:54 PM »
Brodak only has up to a .25 equivalent, so its not big enough, I would like to get a .46 equivalent.  And I am not sure what you mean by "...translate from Cheap RC to Control Line."  I've always flown control line.  I only tried r/c once and didn't like it. LOL
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 03:57:47 AM »
Brodak only has up to a .25 equivalent, so its not big enough, I would like to get a .46 equivalent.  And I am not sure what you mean by "...translate from Cheap RC to Control Line."  I've always flown control line.  I only tried r/c once and didn't like it. LOL
Brodak: For the larger E-Systems: Go to "Electric Tech Information" Download the "Brodak Power pdf" Have to buy components separate, Timer, ESC, Motor, Battery. If you want a full kit go to RSM. But I dont believe either do PayPal.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 06:09:47 AM »
I only use PayPal for everything (it isolates your bank info from vendors you have never done business with) that does not come from a LHO and an occasional order from Brodak (I would buy more from them but they don't take PayPal.  Almost everything coming from EBay takes it, Amazon doesn't.  That is all Tom Morris (Stunt Hangar Hobby tab) takes and he carries appropriate stunt ESC's and Timers and a few motors.  Tower Hobby does and they get my business for what Tom doesn't carry.  My source for the other electric stuff, mostly batteries, is the RC community.  Except for timers, we use the same stuff they do.   I will leave the "what to buy" to those who have been at it longer.

Good Luck - Ken 
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:31:41 AM »
And I am not sure what you mean by "...translate from Cheap RC to Control Line."

It means that all their guidance will be for RC folks, they don't understand CL.  If you know what motor to buy based on Kv and maximum current, what ESC to buy based on voltage and current, etc., then you're all set.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 12:02:44 PM »
Ok....I am really new to this and have finally saved enough to buy (hopefully) a complete electric flight system and charger.  I much prefer using PayPal and am looking for a good company that uses it.  I am so new at this that I don't even know what companies are out there.  RSM has the system (all but charger) that looks good, but they only use credit cards, etc.  Any help being pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated. H^^
BTW: Anything RSM sells you can order thru Griffin Models (Mike Griffin) and he accepts Pay-Pal

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here