News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:16:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another reason to fly electric  (Read 411 times)

Offline Robert Redmon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Another reason to fly electric
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:27:12 AM »
Dina, my wife of over 40 years, has been my pit person, holder, caller (rc pattern), and all around good sport since we have been married. She has always maintained  a pair of "special" flying shoes that are fuel soaked and nasty.  Same is true for the rest of her outfit. This loyal and unflagging support has actually grown since I started experimenting with electric power this year. It is now SHE who is pushing ME to convert (totally) to electric. Sure makes spending that money easy. Just today she observed that I needed a back up plane. (I have several, actually... but all are castor and smoke makers.) Ain't life grand!  #^

Bob Redmon AMA 58073 
Flying CL since 1955
Robert Redmon
AMA 58073

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Another reason to fly electric
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:35:56 AM »
Yep, I have even ran my motors up on the house to check loadings. It caused a raised eyebrow from the boss but I would not dare to try that with one of my Oliver Tigers.  n1

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Another reason to fly electric
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »
Hi Bob
I think it is GREAT that your life partner is also your flying partner.

That your spousal unit ALSO insists you buy some more airplanes - that just makes me jealous!!!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here