« on: May 04, 2018, 07:04:48 PM »
blank
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 09:08:17 AM by Motorman »

Offline dennis lipsett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Aerostar and Dynam Props
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »
Dynam is not known for quality in their offerings. Most of their foam offerings have terrible instructions warped parts and retractable landing gear that don't work reliably especially if it is cold outside. Their clevises and control horns are junk. Usually most forgo the supplied items and replace them with better quality goods. Why, if they are so bad. Well, if you do the necessary modifications you generally end up with a fairly good flying model. I've built a few of them and after correcting the obvious flaws they turn into sometimes exceptionally great sport flying models. They offer some really interesting models and I've always wanted a radial cowled Pitts without having to build it. It is actually a stellar performer. Oh and usually you can up the motor on them and get exceptional 3-D performance from them. Of course I'd pay serious money to see a harrier done on a C/L model or knife edge.
The props are what they are and come standard with the model. I've seen about 20 or so models from Pitts too Sikhoi 26 models flown with them with no apparent complaints. I generally use APC props.
For control line I'd stick with the APC electric props. And remember that that electric motor will spin a lot more lumber more efficiently that a comparable glow. You can run up to a 12 inch prop on a Cobra 20/10 but not to do a stunt pattern.

Offline TDM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Aerostar and Dynam Props
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 07:05:18 AM »
I would be curious to hear if there is a difference in the way the model flies with it as is versus another prop. I would keep the pitch as is and change the RPM first. Low RPM goes hand in hand with big diameter to make the thrust you need.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here