News:

• May 06, 2024, 11:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Accucel-8 150 charger, Help!  (Read 521 times)

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Accucel-8 150 charger, Help!
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:45:16 PM »
I just received a Turnigy Accucel-8 150 charger from Hobby King. Nice unit. No instructions came in the box. But lots of mysterious wires and connectors did. Anyone know if this unit is supposed to come with an instruction manual? Anyone know of an online source where I can access the manual?

Also, there is no obvious place to connect a power supply of any kind. I see nothing that looks like a conventional jack for the  ubiquitous power supply lead. It does have a USB port, however. Anyone got any ideas how to fire this thing up?

I emailed the seller today but would like to hear from a user of the unit in our community.

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: Accucel-8 150 charger, Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »
I tried to upload the manual but the file is too large - I will try to either PM you or I can email it to you - or you can go here:

https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/forum/uploads/84/Turnigy_Accucell_8_Manual.pdf

and download it but you MIGHT need to register to use those forums.

(PS - All the pix that I can find of this or any of the other 150W clone chargers show wires exiting the right side for the power ...)
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline Darkstar1

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 01:44:53 AM »
Hi Mike,
I just received mine along with the smaller version a few days ago. The clips attach to the wires and in turn
goes to a charging battery. Order a power supply (the larger one) Look at the pictures closely, there are two wires
coming from it. You should be able to plug those directly to the charger and plug it into the wall. All those wires
are adapters for charging R/C stuff except for two of them. One is for a glow plug battery and the other is for charging smaller batteries with +&- terminals. I wish there was a regular manual too because the pictures
that shows the adapters are not readable anyway (online version). The charger is available from Hobby King
for about 30 Dollars. As for myself I just happened to buy the smaller charger (mistake!) but was able to make
it work by taking it apart and replacing the 22ga output wires with 13ga wire with 4mm female plugs and that
will work just fine also. Details upcoming later.
Later,
Evolve or get left behind!

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 11:25:38 AM »
Aha! The link worked fine and got me directly into the manual. Evidently Hobby King does not have on staff a proofreader who is a native English speaker. Nonetheless, the instructions seem clear enough. Not sure what to make of "multi use crocodile pin." Anyway, it seems clear now that the red and black leads on the right side of the unit are for the DC power supply. Mine has what looks like 3mm male pins on the ends of the power leads. I guess those will plug into a power supply, maybe with an adaptor. One curious feature is the glow igniter lead, apparently for those electric flyers who have not made the switch completely from glow. Nice that it also charges RC tx and rx batteries.

Alan Hahn

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 01:56:05 PM »
Aha! The link worked fine and got me directly into the manual. Evidently Hobby King does not have on staff a proofreader who is a native English speaker. Nonetheless, the instructions seem clear enough. Not sure what to make of "multi use crocodile pin." Anyway, it seems clear now that the red and black leads on the right side of the unit are for the DC power supply. Mine has what looks like 3mm male pins on the ends of the power leads. I guess those will plug into a power supply, maybe with an adaptor. One curious feature is the glow igniter lead, apparently for those electric flyers who have not made the switch completely from glow. Nice that it also charges RC tx and rx batteries.

I think a Crocodile pin is an alligator clip!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here