News:

• May 23, 2024, 09:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Igor Burger is third in the European Championships  (Read 620 times)

Offline John Cralley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Igor Burger is third in the European Championships
« on: August 02, 2009, 05:00:25 PM »
Igor flew to third place this year against tough competition in the European Championship F2B.

Was he flying an electric???

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 08:45:37 PM by John Cralley »
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Igor Burger is third in the World Championships
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »
Look who came in 5th, Maurizio Milani, a junior.  Good flying Igor at the European championships.   H^^
Matt Colan

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Re: Igor Burger is third in the European Championships
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:43:59 PM »
Oops, I was thinking World but it was European Championships. I don't know where Igor placed last year in the European Championships so I have modified my original post. Sorry about the goof of calling them World Championships.
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 05:12:28 AM »
I just received a note from Geza Egervary and he indicated that the winner, Richie, used an ST .60 and that both Jiri Vejmola and Igor used electric power. Perhpas Igor could jump in here and clarify this...

Bob Hunt

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »
Thanx guys,

I am back home and unpacking. Results are as you see it. I flew the same model like last year on WC in Landres (placed second). My model (Max) is good in turbulence, so it has advantage last year. This year in optimal conditions was enoughh for 3rd place. Looks like I will need better coach - like Richie - hic coatch is Geza and it is wisible  :) ... may be I can add that he fly also MAX ... so at least little bit of my success  VD~

But to the electric - there were 4 electric models. My MAX was reworked model built for WC 2002 in Sebnitz (placed 10th) orriginnaly with OS MAX .46 LA with aluminium pipe. The empty weight was aproximately 1000g. It has now (and last year too) power train consisting of 6 cells A123 2,3Ah, Jeti spin 66 ESC, Axi2826/13 designed especially for F2B having little better copper filling (compared to the 2826/12 - IR is almost identical, KV is smaller) and my timer programmable by jeti box. I use only one battery fixed inside the fuselage and charging just before flight. Prop is APC 12x6. I have 2 models, one is 1800g (the A) and the second is 1750g(teh B).

Other 3 models were Czech in hands of Jiri Vejmola, Rado Dobrovolny and Pavel Benes. All 3 are the same system from my model, all reworked older models to electric.

The temperatures were up to 40deg. Celsia. No overheating, no flameouts, no troubles.

:) :) :)

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 11:11:11 PM »
Well done Igor, to be beaten by Richie is no shame, and as you say........he also flies one of your Max designs. I actually thought that Richie would win at the last Euro champs in 2007, where he narrowly lost to Jiri. Richie is also a really dedicated stunt flier and puts in loads of work......with a legendary stunt flier for a coach. This all helps. Maybe if you added one of those sound devices with the sound of the ST 60, you would get a better score VD~
I must say that I personally love the sound of that 4/2/4 break on Richie's engine.

Your system is very impressive, especially if Jiri and Rado have also chosen to use it. I would also use the A123 cells if I could find a lighter way to build my take-apart models.......I'm working on that!

Keith R
Keith R

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here