News:

• May 20, 2024, 04:30:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 9-6 Three Blade  (Read 4540 times)

Offline Motorman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
9-6 Three Blade
« on: March 15, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »
Been looking for a 9-6 three blade for electric flight (or something close I can modify). Is there anything out there?

Thanks,
MM

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: 9-6 Three Blade
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 11:24:08 AM »

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »
That's actually the same guy that has the other props. I am assuming that you want it for electric since you posted here.
AMA 98010

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »
Yes, for electric power 15 motor. Those Graupner props look like super thin quad copter props to me and only 5 pitch. Thanks for the link though, it lead me to the 10-6. 3 for $10 they've got to be good.

MM

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 04:49:03 PM »
Ok update, I got the props from China and I'm sure they are not usable. Super thin and made from regular black plastic NOT fiber reinforced. Also, the back (hump side) has a matte finish to make it look like a master airscrew GF series but it's not even close, more like the old Cox black plastic, very flexible and way to thin for a stunt ship. Also, the pitch is 5" not 6". I suspect the new Graupners are that way too. I think I'm done with quad copter props they only turn about 3000 rpm anyway.

The search continues for the perfect 3 blade 9-6 E.

MM

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 12:17:59 AM »
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »
MAS must have seen me coming, they make 8-6, 9-7, 10-5, 10-7, 11-6. Hey you guys missed a couple sizes 9-6, 10-6

The 9-7 is probably a 6 pitch since MAS runs light on pitch. My concern is the weight and thickness. Too bad they don't make 3 blades in the scimitar series.

I should probably get the Graupner, copy it and set the pitch where I want it but, it's allot of work for a couple of profile stunters.

Thanks for the links.

MM

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »
That 4 blade APC would be interesting, but maybe too darned heavy?
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 09:13:51 PM »
I've got some Graupner 10-5 three blades in the shop. It's a tooth pick with a wide root and pitches out to a 4.5 at the root and 4 at the tip. Very nice material and airfoil shape but a little disappointed on the blade area and pitch. They're going back as they were a little pricey.

BTW, now looking for a 10-6 three blade.

MM

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 10:16:32 AM »
 i have a 12/6 LH bolly  that has been cut to 9.5/6, that i will trade u for the diesel clown prop u wouldn't sell to Fred for me, S?P also have a tornado 10/6 carbon copy
rad racer

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 12:49:44 PM »
Bob, I'm sorry that this prop thing has come between us. I can only offer this explanation.

At the time in question I had issue with the nclra as they had shunned in an ugly way every suggestion I had concerning anything and even to the point of certain members finding pictures of my late father at a contest and holding them up for ridicule on the internet. This is also why I don't go to the nats anymore because if I meet said people I may feel compelled to act out. This is also why I never have and never will join the nclra even though I've been extremely active and supportive of CL racing for about 50 years.

Back to the prop. You are not involved in this but I know you are a prolific prop maker and I see you as a vehicle for my prop technology to fall into hands of people that compete against my local club members at the nats. I want to help my local club to have some advantage at the nats and we have a gentlemens agreement that I will provide support as long as it stays within the club. They have all graciously held up their end of the bargain.

MM  
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:03:32 PM by Motorman »

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 03:28:40 PM »

At the time in question I had issue with the nclra as they had shunned in an ugly way every suggestion I had concerning anything and even to the point of certain members finding pictures of my late father at a contest and holding them up for ridicule on the internet. This is also why I don't go to the nats anymore because if I meet said people I may feel compelled to act out. This is also why I never have and never will join the nclra even though I've been extremely active and supportive of CL racing for about 50 years.

MM   
Off subject, but you're not the first nor the last who doesn't like the NATS due to the general attitude.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 09:33:31 PM »
Motorman-

Zinger makes a 10-6 with replaceable blades, so long as you can make a 1-7/8" spinner work.
Available in pusher as well...
http://www.zingerpropeller.com/3_bladed_Propeller.htm
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 09:47:07 PM »
The Tornado / Grish 9 x 6s are still aeround , on ebay ( the supplyer ) black ones , work good .

The 10 x 4 tree blades probably better , or 9 x 4 if your Noble Size or less . The 9 x 6 has reasonably wide blades
70 ft lines on a OS 35 gets the speed about right with it , but revs to low for the wind .

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 09:14:42 PM »
Higher revving prop is good for the wind? I just learned me something.

MM

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 06:48:12 PM »
Higher revving prop is good for the wind? I just learned me something.

This has been the underlying principle of piped engines, which have dominated stunt for the last 25 years, and was used (although the full implications didn't really sink in) as early as the early 70's. Where the Fitzgerald and McClellan clans flew 35-sized airplanes like the SIG Banshee and Jetco Dophin with Veco 19's  at high revs using low-pitch props to keep the speed reasonable. They flew as well or better than their "serious" airplanes at the time. \\

This should sound familiar:
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php/topic,28303.0.html

Brett

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 03:06:38 PM »
The high RPM/low pitch should work well with ECL if you can match your RPM needs to the motor/battery package. This has been one area that E power has been coming up a little short due to battery limitations. In some quick test I did a while back, RPM has a bigger impact on amp draw then higher pitch setting. What happens is you need just a few hundred more mah in the pack to keep from pack from being drawn down to low. The next size up battery pack is usually a bigger jump than you need and costs an once or two in increase weight.

Seems we need to get the "high rpm prop/low pitch" package selected and matched to the lowest weight battery pack (for several size power systems) that can handle the amp draw, then match airplanes to those combinations.

Best,    DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here