News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 59 Ares / Brodak Electric Conversion  (Read 694 times)

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
59 Ares / Brodak Electric Conversion
« on: December 31, 2021, 12:25:16 PM »
I am starting to build a Brodak 59 Ares with the Universal A Electric Conversion Kit #BH-1943.

What I have determined is that you must adjust the height of the E motor mount to put the E motor shaft on the same center line as the original wet engine.  It also looks like you need to adjust the fore/aft location of the motor to allow the fiber glass cowling to fit.

My big question It that it doesn't look like the motor can be easily removed after you build up around it.  Am I missing something here????

PS This is my first rear mount motor. All my front mount motors are easy to remove.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Kim Doherty

• Commander
Re: 59 Ares / Brodak Electric Conversion
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 06:27:28 PM »
John

The structural part of the fuselage ends at the firewall. You could just make a new cowl to mate to that former leaving the front of the motor exposed. Some well placed air vents behind the firewall should provide access to the bolts or nuts from behind. Or… If you use a good motor I doubt you will ever need to remove it.

Kim

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 59 Ares / Brodak Electric Conversion
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 11:43:16 PM »
John

The structural part of the fuselage ends at the firewall. You could just make a new cowl to mate to that former leaving the front of the motor exposed. Some well placed air vents behind the firewall should provide access to the bolts or nuts from behind. Or… If you use a good motor I doubt you will ever need to remove it.

Kim
Kin Sounds good.  Thanks.  I have a Bad Ass motor on order.  You are probably correct.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here