News:

• May 09, 2024, 10:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 NEW TIMERS AT BRODAK  (Read 996 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
2 NEW TIMERS AT BRODAK
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »
Will Hubin's FM-9 Timer system is the benchmark for all the rest.  However Will still makes his simpler timers that deliver the same flight functionality - at a lower cost.  Brodak has added two more of Will's timers:

BH-1871: FM-2EST.  Nicknamed the  “Eastcoast Special Timer” originally spec'd out by some of the eastern ECL enthusiasts.  This timer is designed to be used with Castle ESC’s in HIGH GOV mode.  It has the Remote starting button AND a remote fine adjust pot.  With this timer you set the flight Time and start Delay and do a rough setting of RPM using the timer pots on the main timer board. Then after start up you use the fine adjust pot to fine tune the final RPM setting you want - just like the old days dialing in your needle valve.  Also makes it easy to change settings flight to flight if that is your desire.  This timer will deliver all the functionality of the Phoenix High Gov mode, and costs much less than a FM-9 timer system with the programming box.

http://brodak.com/fm-2est-remote-switch-timer.html

BH-1872: FM-0c Remote.  This is like the standard throttle up timer (BH-1869) now equipped with a remote switch.  This makes it easier to mount the timer internally like on a full fuselage airplane with the start button routed to an easily accessed spot.  This timer is designed to be used with the Sport Series systems which feature simple non-governing ESC’s.  The timer progressively adds throttle over the course of the flight to make up for battery power used, so the airplane ends up flying at a fairly constant speed from beginning to end of flight.  I have happily used this kind of timer for OTS birds and the 1/2A Pathfinder.  Last summer I flew the Smoothie with it flying the regular pattern.  The combination works very much like an IC engine with a uniflow tank.  

http://brodak.com/timer-fm-0c-with-remote-switch.html

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: 2 NEW TIMERS AT BRODAK
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »
Cool!  Electric keeps getting better and better!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:32:06 AM »
Hi Dennis,

Will Hubin has been and is a great asset to electric control line!! These timers will work great for those that only plan to electric power a few models. For those (like myself) who want to electric power a number of models, Will's FM-9 timers with the programmer will be more cost effective in the long run.

Now if Castle Creations would come up with a low cost ESC dedicated to control line, we would see larger numbers of converts joining us with E Power.  y1
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Online William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:28:52 AM »
Almost every ECL Pilot in the NY area that does not fly a FM9 system, flys some version of the FM2. This is the perfect controller for Phoenix High Gov mode for those that don't want to go for the FM9 system.
William
AMA 98010

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here