News:

• May 17, 2024, 04:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 12X6.5WEP Props Re IN!  (Read 761 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
12X6.5WEP Props Re IN!
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »
APC has completed the new 12" pusher.  I asked them for a wide blade in what ever pitch was required to run at 8300-8400 RPM & 55MPH - just like the old thin blade 12x6; they settled on the 6.5 pitch which is about what I expected.  APC has been developing wide blade props to replace 3-bladers for the Giant Pattern folks and that is the design thinking that went into this new prop.  The new prop should offer greater thrust & braking for those using the popular AXI 2826/12.

Its freezin here in Indiana!  I have some "left coast" volunteers to do some flight tests soon, assuming we can pull them off the beaches long enough to fly some.  Hopefully we can get some test results sooner rather than later.  Meanwhile I attached a couple pix:

* Pix 1 is a side by side by side with a 12x6 tractor, the new 12x6.5WEP, and a 13x5.5

* Pix 2 is the old 12x6 thin blade OVER the new 12x6.5WEP.  Had a devil of a time getting a decent picture so I tried highlighting the wide prop with a green marker, note the new blade is wider through both the LE and TE.  THe new prop measures about 8mm wider at the widest point than the "old" 12x6.  The hub i is 11mm thick, about 3mm thicker than the 12x6.

* Pix 3 is the 13x5.5 OVER the new 12x6.5WEP.  Same disclaimer on the pix; the 12" WEP is 5mm wider than the 13x5.5EP at the widest station.  I am thinking this prop will be a viable substitue for the 13" prop, while turning about 1000 RPM less.

* Not visible in the pix, but the back of the blade looks like with will encroach on the spinner backplate.  at the root the prop has the APC "cuff" that could be trimmed to clear the spinner backplate if needed

I got a 200 piece sample order.  The props are $6 each.  Shipping costs keep creeping up - I am going to ask $8 USPS Prioirity shipping to lower 48.  International orders to ship at actual cost.  I would suggest that you might want to talk to the OTHER E-flyers in your area - maybe combine orders to reduce the total shipping costs.  Will accept checks or PayPal; International orders PayPal only please.  

Just in time for Christmas - and they make great stocking stuffers!   8)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:09:41 AM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
Re: 12X6.5WEP Props Re IN!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »
Just sent you an email regarding the new props.  They look great Dennis hope to hear from you soon.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Cleon M Lingwood

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:43:11 PM »
Dennis:

Set aside six for me....

Cleon M. Lingwood, Jr.
AMA 644079
clingwood1@gmail.com

PS:  I need the proper email address for Pay Pal...

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:20:16 PM »
Hey Dennis,
do you still have these availalbe - i'd like to grab 6 or so

W
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
Hey Dennis,
do you still have these availalbe - i'd like to grab 6 or so

W

Hi Wynn
Sent you a PM, I need your shipping address.  Props are $6 each plus shipping.  YOU can be the first on your continent to have some!   010!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here