News:

• April 24, 2024, 10:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "My Way" F2B electric pusher prop concept  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Peter Germann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
"My Way" F2B electric pusher prop concept
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:12:57 AM »
“My Way” is an attempt to compensate the effect of propeller gyro forces on the flying F2B model by
structural measures and to use the effect of these forces to increase line pull. During this three years
project I was able to count on the competent help of our F2B friend Wolfgang Nieuwkamp for the calculation
of the disturbing forces and the design of the compensation measures. Without his indispensable support it
would not have been possible to build several very well functioning models.
Until today (October 2018) I have built three different pusher airplanes according to the basics described.
All of those fly with a constant speed e-drive. “My Way” and its three predecessors fly agile, stable,
accurate and symmetrical. They show no tendency to "e-hunting". With very exact construction using selected
woods and adherence to the target weight of less than 1'850 grams as well as with the setting of the
operating data according to suggested values “My Way” is a suitable F2B competition model. Its construction
requires experience and skill from the construction of conventional wooden model aircraft.

For to download detail- and final assembly drawings, design concept and building/finish descriptions as well as pictures
go to:

https://www.fesselflug.ch/content/modellbau/werkstatt/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:31:38 AM by Peter Germann »
Peter Germann

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: "My Way" F2B electric pusher prop concept
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 06:41:02 AM »
Thank you Peter.  A lot of work went into providing this information.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Christoph Holtermann

• 2019 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 07:21:15 AM »
Hello Peter,

with the pusher prop configuration, is the Rabe Rudder that your plane features still required? The manouvre, where planes with a normal tractor prop need the Rabe Rudder the most, is the top of the hourglas. But with a pusher, that should be easy to fly, correct? So why then is a Rabe Rudder still recommended? All hard inside corners are below or at 45°.

Christoph

Offline Peter Germann

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 09:29:07 AM »
As the inverted functioning rabe rudder on a pusher helps maintaining line pull in insides (horizontal eights, first loop in clover) I found it to be helpful. It needs to be adjusted very carefull  not to overcompensate precession (Weight and RPM of prop), leading to visible yaw when the elevator changes from neutral to up.
Peter
Peter Germann

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 05:56:06 AM »
Hi Peter :
You are to be congratulated. Fine work. I noticed an FM-9 timer and you state that you use a pusher prop, hence constant speed.
 I'm curious-are you planning to use an active timer in the future ?
Frank

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here