News:

• May 18, 2024, 02:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It is finished  (Read 1306 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
It is finished
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
I finally got enough time to finish the test build of the new RSM P40 Electric Profile that Eric now has available.  It is is a wonderful and simple kit to build.  Andy Borgogna built one also and has flown his and his report was nothing but positve about how the model flew the pattern.
I used silkspan to cover the wing and doped it with butyrate dope.  The paint is rattle can spray with the KBS diamond finish topcoat.  This is a one part topcoat and it was brushed on with a sponge brush. 

Eric has a winner with this one.

Mike

Offline Jason Greer

• Captain
Re: It is finished
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
Looks great Mike. Hope it flies as well as it looks!
El Dorado, AR
AMA 518858

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:56:23 AM »
What Jason said!

Congrats Mike, Andy and especially Eric!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
Mike,

You did a really nice job with this model. Great work.

Fine detail with the canopy area and nice wheel pants.

How are they held on BTW?

What's next!

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Dean Pappas

• Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »
That looks nice, Mike.
How did you like the working behavior of the KBS clear?

thanks for showing us your new toy!
  Dean Pappas
Dean Pappas

Mike Griffin

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 08:23:58 AM »
Hi Dean

Thank you.  I have used the KBS clear on a couple of models and it works very well when applied with a brush straight ou of the can.  The stuff self levels and there are no brush marks.  You can thin it with Xylene if you want.
It also goes a long way.

Mike

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 05:24:52 PM »
Now you know why I ask you to do a test build Mike!

Just so you are aware, Andy has been flying his for a couple of weeks now. He tells me that he is really happy with it. Larry Renger has flown it as well and he says that he thinks it flies much better than Andy's Naughty Girl.

Andy asked Stan Tyler, who is one of the better Expert Flyers in our club, to fly the new P40 Electric. Stan called me to say that he thinks it is good enough that he could win with it in Expert Stunt.

With this kind of feed back I am really encouraged.

I can't wait to hear what you and the fellows in Louisiana think about the P40 Electric.

Regards
Eric Rule

Mike Griffin

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 10:40:33 PM »
Now you know why I ask you to do a test build Mike!

Just so you are aware, Andy has been flying his for a couple of weeks now. He tells me that he is really happy with it. Larry Renger has flown it as well and he says that he thinks it flies much better than Andy's Naughty Girl.

Andy asked Stan Tyler, who is one of the better Expert Flyers in our club, to fly the new P40 Electric. Stan called me to say that he thinks it is good enough that he could win with it in Expert Stunt.

With this kind of feed back I am really encouraged.

I can't wait to hear what you and the fellows in Louisiana think about the P40 Electric.

Regards
Eric Rule

Yeah if we could get a day when it wasnt either raining or the wind blowing 55mph, I would like to get it off the ground.  You hit a home run with this one ERic...

Mike

Mike Griffin

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 10:43:11 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words and compliments.   My problem is the older I get the slower I get...cant do the 30 day Robert Storick builds anymore....but I sure do enjoy building them.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here