News:

• May 15, 2024, 02:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ME - 262  (Read 4571 times)

Offline jjorgensen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
ME - 262
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »
Lost interest for awhile because it got to be a lot of work. Now I'm back in the mood and am getting ready to cover. It will be a twin.
Jim Jorgensen

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: ME - 262
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
Wow!  That is awesome!
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 07:37:20 AM »
I take it that it will an electric scale.  Looks really good.  Should be light.  All my scale projects turned out to be lead sleds.

Looking forward to a flight report.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Michael Boucher

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:21:40 AM »
Well done!  H^^ Is it going to be duct fan or props? Are you going to use the foam engines again?  #^
AMA 59633

Offline jjorgensen

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 08:31:38 AM »
This one will be props. While duct fans work well for RC versions once they get up to speed, I don't think the current technology gives enough poop for a stunt pattern. The nacelles will be profile with the motors mounted on the inboard sides and they will also serve as main gear mounts.
Jim Jorgensen

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 09:57:06 AM »
Hi Jim,

That one is at the top of Profile Stunters as far as I am concerned, regardless of how well it actually flies a pattern.  A twin, swept back I-Beam Profile.  Things like this are not seen often.

Great Job!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline jjorgensen

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 03:41:29 PM »
I'm pretty much done with the paint at this point. Latex and acrylics work really well for electrics. Now its time to start hooking up the hardware. I was considering using folding props with no landing gear, and some sort of launch platform but I think I will go ahead and put the gear on. I don't know if they would even allow a no gear in stunt. I know you can't use a drop off dolly but how about if it launches off of rails?
Jim Jorgensen

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »
Wonderful!!!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
Really nice! Kudos!

Great scheme!

Outstanding!

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Michael Boucher

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
Hi James, How is the ME 262 coming along? Please give an update if you have done more with it. Thank you, Mike  #^
AMA 59633

Offline jjorgensen

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 04:45:54 PM »
Unfortunately the ME 262 bit the dust. It looked great in the air, and had plenty of power. It tended to leap off the ground which should have given me a clue. It did insides fine, but the first time I tried an outside loop it would not pull out before it hit the ground inverted. My guess is it needed a touch of downthrust in both motors. I had the same issue with the single engine version I built but thought I may have inadvertently put the motor mount in with a touch of up thrust. Guess not. Live and learn. Next one will have downthrust from the git go!
Jim Jorgensen

Dwayne

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 05:27:34 AM »
Unfortunately the ME 262 bit the dust. It looked great in the air, and had plenty of power. It tended to leap off the ground which should have given me a clue. It did insides fine, but the first time I tried an outside loop it would not pull out before it hit the ground inverted. My guess is it needed a touch of downthrust in both motors. I had the same issue with the single engine version I built but thought I may have inadvertently put the motor mount in with a touch of up thrust. Guess not. Live and learn. Next one will have downthrust from the git go!

Very sorry to hear this. Just wondering, where was the motor thrust line on the single, those nacelles looked kinda low.

Offline jjorgensen

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
The thrust line on the single was even with the wing chord. The nacelles are low on the twin, but with 8 inch props I was able to get 1/2 inch clearance. I did lengthen both the mains and the nose gear though as I originally only had about a 1/4 inch clearance and flying off grass I would occasionally kick up dirt on takeoff.
Jim Jorgensen

Offline Michael Boucher

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »
Hi Jim, I'm sorry to hear about this. Are you going to try it again or take a break from it? Incredible looking model.  H^^
AMA 59633

Offline jjorgensen

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »
Michael, I will build another one. It is second on the build list after I finish the 52 Nobler on the bench now.
Jim Jorgensen

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here