News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:01:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Super Tigre G.51  (Read 7820 times)

Offline Gene O'Keefe

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Super Tigre G.51
« on: May 17, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
Frank, concerning the Tower Hobbies Super Tigre G.51 that is made in China, do you feel it is necessary to replace
the piston ring ? and also, I have read that some of the con rods were installed backwards ? Should the bearings be replaced for engine life longevity ? --- any difference to the G.51's that were made in Italy before China took over ?
Thanks much !
Gene

P.S. You redid one of my ST G21/.46 's and it runs GREAT !!
Gene O'Keefe
AMA 28386

Offline Frank Bowman

• Bowman's Rings
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Re: Super Tigre G.51
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 08:58:43 PM »
As with most modern manufactures rings are mass produced usually in job shops. Quality varies depending on quality control standards set at the factory. My rings are better and compression will go up even in new engines compared to their ring. Don't forget to lap liner tops flat on all engine liners especially China liners. I have found a lot of conrods backwards in engines. Usually the end that goes on crankpin first has a chanfer on at least one end of rod. There are a lot better bearings out on the marketplace than China made ones, ceramics are fairly inexpensive if you don't like changing them out every 1-3 years depending on usage, after run oil usage, humidity, etc. I like Italian made engines better all around. Take care & good flying. Frank
Frank Bowman

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here