News:

• April 17, 2024, 07:01:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Zinger Dual-Pitch props for FS?  (Read 699 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Zinger Dual-Pitch props for FS?
« on: December 29, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »
The Zinger website shows some 13 & 14" diameter props that they call dual-pitch. They have a 6" pitch at the hub and a 10" pitch at the tips for an average 8" pitch. They claim this gives stronger pulling power when the load is applied. Has anyone try this? Seems like an interesting prop for Four Strokes and diesels with a strong torque bottom end.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Zinger Dual-Pitch props for FS?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 09:22:44 AM »
Hi, Dennis - seems like something worth trying!

The largest plane I have flying now is my Staggerwing with a SAITO 56, turning a 12-6 Top Flite wood.
I imagine the 13" Zinger cut down might be worth a try.
I will state, however, that I have absolutely no experience with Zinger props.

Do you plan to try them yourself?

Bob Z.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 09:32:02 AM »
  I do believe Zinger is out of business, isn't it? I remember the owner just shutting things down to retire, and then a few months later was tragically killed in a plane crash. I , myself, have had very little success with Zinger props except for use on my SIG Primary Force ARF with a OS .32F on it. The Zinger Pro 11-4 so far has been the best prop for that combination.
   HAPPY NEW YEAR!,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 03:18:47 PM »
It's pretty common for stunt folks using CF props to "pitch up" the tips about 1/4" to 1/2" pitch to increase line tension overhead.

I would say that a 4" increase in pitch at the tips might be excessive! I've spent some hours pitching, carving, thinning and sanding Zinger propellers, and am very happy they are out of business. IMO, if you can't obtain a propeller fairly easily that is equal to your best propeller, you're pretty much screwed from the start. It's always interesting to experiment with those rare propellers, but IMO the best you can hope for is that it will work and that will encourage you to keep looking for a better one than your current favorite. Anybody have a 13-5EW RevUp?  VD~ Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here