News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:58:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wow! Saito 30  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Wow! Saito 30
« on: September 24, 2021, 05:06:30 AM »
I have a Saito 30 I am getting ready to list in the Classified section, may be a while, other things are taking my time right now.. Just out of curiosity I went to eBay to see what they might be selling for, those people are nuts, active listings are asking from $329 to $699 which is crazy, checked completed items and best I could find was one that sold for around $250.00. Can't remember what I paid for it when I bought it new but these prices seem to be nuts. I kinda feel like I can get a premium for the one I have as it has my modified CL carb plus I made a new muffler mount that tucks the muffler further up under the engine when mounted on a profile.

Guess I'm just shocked at the prices I found, can't believe someone would actually pay $700.00 for a Saito 30.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Wow! Saito 30
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 07:36:14 AM »
  Well, asking is one thing, getting is another! Lots of things have high listed prices on eVilBay, thinking that some dummy may come along with more money than brains or knowledge and just cough it up. it goes with the over use of the word "rare". One thing I have learned while surfing eBay s that if you see an item go for more money than you can spend, wait a while and you will see others come out of the wood work, and once the high rollers are satisfied you will see some sanity return. I have picked up several kits and such that way.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 06:33:43 PM »
Yes, Bob - it seems totally crazy to me also.
But, a short while ago, someone mentioned a Cox .049 selling for over $900.00.
Same with cars. A limited production street/racing car, one of 36 made, recently sold for $70,000,000.00.
That's SEVENTY MILLION DOLLARS!! It sold brand new in 1963 for under $12,000.00. In 1967 or 68 one sold for $3,500.00.

The SAITO 30 by the way is one of my all-time favorite engines.
I think I paid around $170.00 new.
Bob Z.

Offline Mike Alimov

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 01:07:32 PM »
The $699 price is for the Saito FG-30B, where "G" stands for gasoline.  It has spark ignition and a complex carburetor, thus the higher price.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 07:03:10 PM »
No, Bob is referring to the smallest Saito, the .30.
The FG 39B is a 180.

4SFE!

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 09:41:33 AM »
I have a Saito 30 I am getting ready to list in the Classified section, may be a while, other things are taking my time right now.. Just out of curiosity I went to eBay to see what they might be selling for, those people are nuts, active listings are asking from $329 to $699 which is crazy, checked completed items and best I could find was one that sold for around $250.00. Can't remember what I paid for it when I bought it new but these prices seem to be nuts. I kinda feel like I can get a premium for the one I have as it has my modified CL carb plus I made a new muffler mount that tucks the muffler further up under the engine when mounted on a profile.

Guess I'm just shocked at the prices I found, can't believe someone would actually pay $700.00 for a Saito 30.

The first rule of eBay is that the *listed* price is often wildly inflated. It's a strategy, you list it for outrageous money, hope someone actually bids on, it, but more likely, it doesn't sell, so you let it expire, and relist it at $10 less, around and around.

The *only* realistic price evaluation is the "sold" listing. $250 is pretty high, but not insane.

Brett

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 08:13:44 PM »
Brett is 100% correct. Many items are indeed listed at ridiculous prices, the seller hoping to find someone either desperate or just plane stupid!

Having used eBay from it's inception, I have sold well over 2,000 items. I always start the bidding at a very low price stimulate the action.

For the most part, I've been quite successful, especially with engine sales.

John Brodak acquired a huge collection many years ago and just in engine sales, I raised around $60,000. Tony Drago was in charge of kit sales and I believe he raised a similar amount.

Bob Z.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here