Engine basics > Four strokes only

Wow! Saito 30

<< < (2/2)

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Bob Reeves on September 24, 2021, 05:06:30 AM ---I have a Saito 30 I am getting ready to list in the Classified section, may be a while, other things are taking my time right now.. Just out of curiosity I went to eBay to see what they might be selling for, those people are nuts, active listings are asking from $329 to $699 which is crazy, checked completed items and best I could find was one that sold for around $250.00. Can't remember what I paid for it when I bought it new but these prices seem to be nuts. I kinda feel like I can get a premium for the one I have as it has my modified CL carb plus I made a new muffler mount that tucks the muffler further up under the engine when mounted on a profile.

Guess I'm just shocked at the prices I found, can't believe someone would actually pay $700.00 for a Saito 30.

--- End quote ---

The first rule of eBay is that the *listed* price is often wildly inflated. It's a strategy, you list it for outrageous money, hope someone actually bids on, it, but more likely, it doesn't sell, so you let it expire, and relist it at $10 less, around and around.

The *only* realistic price evaluation is the "sold" listing. $250 is pretty high, but not insane.

Brett

Robert Zambelli:
Brett is 100% correct. Many items are indeed listed at ridiculous prices, the seller hoping to find someone either desperate or just plane stupid!

Having used eBay from it's inception, I have sold well over 2,000 items. I always start the bidding at a very low price stimulate the action.

For the most part, I've been quite successful, especially with engine sales.

John Brodak acquired a huge collection many years ago and just in engine sales, I raised around $60,000. Tony Drago was in charge of kit sales and I believe he raised a similar amount.

Bob Z.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version