Engine basics > Four strokes only

valve adjustment tools for O.S. 20 four stroke

(1/2) > >>

Andrew Borgogna:
I just replaced the bearings and ring in a O.S. 20fs for Larry Renger.  He asked me to run the engine before I give it back to him.  I checked the valve clearance and the intake is out of adjustment.  Larry didn't give me the adjustment tools, I am not sure he even has them.  Does anybody out there know where I can get these tools, that would include the jam nut wrench, allen key for the adjuster and the feeler gauge.  Actually I do not really need the feeler gauge but the other tools I do need.
Andy

Bill Adair:
Hi Andy,

Surely someone on here will respond, but if not I may be able to help.

I have an FS 26, and purchased a set of tools for that engine many years ago. I'm almost sure the tools for that engine will work on Larry's FS 20.

Lord knows where the tools are now, but I can probably find them given sufficient time to look.  ;D

Let me know if you need them.

Bill

john e. holliday:
Surely you can find something in your stash that would work.  Other wise a trip to your local tool supply with the engine in question might help you out.  No I didn't call you  schirly. LL~ LL~

Alan Hahn:
Well you need a metric allen wrench (as I recall) and these days it is almost impossible not to need a metric version so I'd recommend picking up a set at your local hobby shop or home improvement center.

I think I have just used a small crescent wrench to hold the jam nut.

Robert Zambelli:
Andy. You will need a 1.5 MM Allen wrench and a 5 MM box wrench.
With the engine at TDC on compression, set the clearance on both valves to .0015 to .004" ( I set them to .002")
Then, turn the engine back and forth the ascertain the setting - you may have to readjust a bit.
Flip it a few times and recheck.
Do it with the engine cold.
Be very carefull not to over-tighten the lock nut - you will break the adjusting screw.
Bob Z.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version