Engine basics > Four strokes only

The sound of 4 strokes.

(1/4) > >>

Dennis Toth:
Guys,
Several years ago I flew small and medium size 4 Strokes. I kinda liked the engine run and won several contests with them. One thing that always bugged me was the sound note of the 4 Strokes. They always sounded flat. Has anyone worked with mufflers designs to get a different sound from them?

Best,   Dennis

Dennis Toth:
So everyone is happy with the sound? I've heard it described as a Pig farting into a barrel. I did see some information on changing the exhaust note by using a disc type diffuser, this might be a lot of work but maybe some creative muffler internals would work.

Best,        DennisT

Chris Wilson:
Bolt another cylinder on at 45 degrees for that American sound!

Dane Martin:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on July 26, 2017, 05:39:01 PM ---So everyone is happy with the sound? I've heard it described as a Pig farting into a barrel. I did see some information on changing the exhaust note by using a disc type diffuser, this might be a lot of work but maybe some creative muffler internals would work.

Best,        DennisT

--- End quote ---

I grew up on a feed lot in bakersfield. I like pigs. Lol

Chris Wilson:
Seriously here, what is with an engine that has the exhaust length about the same as the intake?
Run a decent length pipe and put a muffler at least 6X the engine capacity on it and see how that goes.
And try and pick up the bass notes with an absorption type muffler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version