Engine basics > Four strokes only

Surpass FS-26

(1/5) > >>

Chris Fretz:
I have one of these laying around,  is it worth messing around with putting on a C/L airplane?

Chris

Dane Martin:
I have one on an RM+P from Pat Johnston and one in a regular scratch built S1 ringmaster. I also have an OS 20 FS in a scratch built ringmaster. I would have to say, it's my absolute favorite set up.

Chris Fretz:

--- Quote from: Dane Martin on June 23, 2017, 12:04:42 AM ---I have one on an RM+P from Pat Johnston and one in a regular scratch built S1 ringmaster. I also have an OS 20 FS in a scratch built ringmaster. I would have to say, it's my absolute favorite set up.

--- End quote ---
What do you do with it being R/C? Do you just block it wide open or is there a C/L set up?

What prop are you running with your set up?

Chris

Dane Martin:

--- Quote from: #Liner on June 23, 2017, 02:49:56 AM ---What do you do with it being R/C? Do you just block it wide open or is there a C/L set up?

What prop are you running with your set up?

Chris

--- End quote ---

Here's the carb modification on one of them. I turned out an aluminium barrel on the lathe and drilled it for a nylon screw. That's the venturi size adjuster. It's choked about half way. It's essentially what bob Reeves did with the Saito engines. That's who I talked to to make this thing.

Dane Martin:
This one I copied from Bob Zambelli. I cut the carb off the manifold and pressed on a nylon bushing. The one in the pic is on a .30, but the one on my .26 is the same thing. It's like a .118 or .125 ID bushing, just drilled out on one end to press over the manifold. Then cross drilled to accept the OS FP style springy NVA. Probably the easiest mod for these little engines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version