News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:59:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Saito Velocity Stacks  (Read 6462 times)

Offline proparc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Saito Velocity Stacks
« on: May 29, 2016, 11:17:34 AM »
Okay, we are all familiar with velocity stacks and, we all know what they do. They actually double the horsepower of your Saito. That is, if you are putting out 1.5 HP, you will get 3 HP. If you are 2 HP, you will get 4 HP etc.

Alright alright, that's not true. Bob Reeves forced me to say that. He said if I didn't say that, he wouldn't modify my Saito's with his BR carb. What was I supposed to do!!

Okay, so much for the jokes. It increases fuel economy because, it catches the spray that exists out the carb and would otherwise be wasted. Saito's used to come with them but, they cheapo'ed out and made us buy them aftermarket. Later on, I will show you how to REALLY make them work with some simple mods.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:03:05 PM by proparc »
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: Saito Velocity Stacks
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:59:34 AM »
Happy to hear you are still experimenting and carrying on with 4S development. If electrics hadn't shown up I have no doubts we would see allot more Saito's on the circles. I've done about all I'm going to do, accomplished my goal of winning Advanced at Brodak's with a Saito and don't have the energy to do what it would take to win Expert. Going to Brodak's again this year but won't be flying.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »
Happy to hear you are still experimenting and carrying on with 4S development. If electrics hadn't shown up I have no doubts we would see allot more Saito's on the circles. I've done about all I'm going to do, accomplished my goal of winning Advanced at Brodak's with a Saito and don't have the energy to do what it would take to win Expert. Going to Brodak's again this year but won't be flying.

Good to hear from you. They are great engines. Always wanted a 56. Very happy with it. In certain ways, I think it is a better stunt motor then the 72.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »
   I would be interested in learning more  about the velocity stack tricks of the trade. Either here or PM/email to me. I didn't fly my Saito .56 powered Score hardly at all this year, and will probably do a recover and freshening up on the whole airplane over the winter to get ready for next year.
   Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 08:42:20 PM »
Sorry I haven't updated. Had to focus on the competition stunt 2 strokes for a while. Will do. H^^
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »
I confess I've never heard of velocity stacks and am interested to learn more. They may be of interest to us as we are dabbling a bit in 4-Stroke speed! I'll keep watching. :)
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 09:45:43 PM »
I confess I've never heard of velocity stacks and am interested to learn more. They may be of interest to us as we are dabbling a bit in 4-Stroke speed! I'll keep watching. :)

It's equally applicable to 2-strokes, and possibly more important. But not necessarily for the capturing the cone of fuel mist, although it probably does that, too, to some extent.  I asked Dub and Richard to make my RO-Jett 61 venturis taller/longer than their standard type and it seems to have made a big difference. I think the most important effect in this case is that it moved the inlet away from flush with the spinner/cowl, which I think cause disrupted flow, particularly on inside maneuvers. The other effect is that it acts as a flow straightener, the longer the better. That and the panty-hose diffuser had highly beneficial effects on the run symmetry to the point that you cannot tell the difference between inside and outside maneuvers.

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here