Engine basics > Four strokes only

Saito 72 with OS throttle

<< < (3/3)

Robert Zambelli:
I hate to ask a stupid question but WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU WRITING ABOUT????????????????????????????

--- Quote from: Air Ministry . on November 23, 2023, 06:05:29 PM ---Was in a Stunt News , Hoffman & his Firecracker Build .

Made the fuselage a touch wider , and considered tank should be as far inboard as you could get it .

Tecnically , side mounted , with the outer face of the tank level or inboard of the N V A ,

in level flight , all the fuel has a positive head .

dead overhead it is a negative head .

seems to work , if you set so not lean in the o. h. eights . or your doomed . the other aspect is in WIND the fuel head keeps it rich , so limits speed up . Drops the power as you go low .
2 strokes and 4 strokes . Just like the inboard tank on profiles , as a extreme example .

--- End quote ---

Air Ministry .:
" I’m  using  the  same propeller/tank/fuel   setup   as   in   the original model and am happy to find that  the  aeroplane  is  behaving verysimilar to its stablemate – as it should. "

HOLD YOUR SEATS . ! :)  https://pampacl.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SN_Magazine_-NOV_DEC_2007.pdf ( computer was in feminist mode earlier . Uncopperative . It had to ' find itself ' .  ;)

THERE is a DIAGRAMME of the FUEL TANK , there . ( Now were off to find his Numero uno fryercracker builld issue , with the r elefant statement .

Boer Elephant !  https://pampacl.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2006.pdf  ( just kidding ? )

Direct from

"" The Tank. For some time now with 4  strokes  I’ve  been  using  a  ‘Uniflow’ type  home  made  clunk  tank.  The approximate dimensions are (in metric) 92mm long, 30mm deep, 30mm wide at the front and 50mm at the rear. The feed and vent pipes are central to the depth with the vent pipe being about 20mm from  the  back  of  the  tank  and  flush with the outboard side. The inboard of the  tank  should  be  mounted  inboard as far as possible – this seems to aid in the prevention of ‘wind-up’ in windy weather, as when the model tends to speed  up  in  consecutive  manoeuvres the centrifugal force increases ‘pushing’ the  fuel  into  the  engine  (4  stroke –  normally  aspirated)  and  tending  to ‘richen’ it up – consequently the motor tends  to  slow  a  little  and  the  model doesn’t ‘wind up’ as much. I’ve found that tanks of this design have supplied very consistent engine runs right to the last drop of fuel.  ""

invented on THIS . The NVA is out on the plug in venturie , so therefore ALL the FUEL is inboard flying level , and below the intake , overhead . Thi'd fly in a gale despte the weeny FSR 25 clone . on .018s , Mate .

I think it was Ash , actually ? at Onehunga around 2002 with a white ( and blue ) profile OS FS .40  side mount clunk tank , with outboard edge aligned fore & aft with needle . I pointed out the run .
' No its Not , we're off to Mc donalds "
Right then . LL~
There huge H T lines there . Like the cell phones - Currents discernable at the handle at the far edge of the field , on Dew Point days .

In a valley with a huge power station , in winter . I said to someone ' everyone seems to opperate at about 80 Hz here ' . the Reply was " Everyone knows that " like living in slow motion & various other ' benefits ' . :o

perceptual , logical , etc . a bunch of flavour enhancing substances apparently was considdered sufficent remidy to get them home .  S?P
Having been brought up on the outskirts , the city mugs are made for observation . Most irregular , mostly . S?P LL~

this place was 1.000 megawatt . ( Onehunga is Aucklands main In Line . buzz hum wirr . )
only day tthe people appeared sane was when there was a big bang one evening , and everthing went OFF . after a half hour the troglodites started appearing from their curtained tevevision indoctrination
and were bewildered by the sky ( blue ) and clean cool evening air . They adjusted . ( some anyway ) and stopped looking like they wernt about to die a dawn . Most irregular . The car would loose a cylinder driving past it . ( loose / Un tight clip on H T Lead ) Theyed say you could hold a flourescent tube up , in there . It would light up , it didnt need to be plugged in . " NO , IT DOSNT AFFECT US "  ~^too , stands on end
if you get out to check it .

Robert Zambelli:

I repeat:

I hate to ask a stupid question but WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU WRITING ABOUT????????????????????????????

Air Ministry .:
Cognition .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version