News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:47:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Proparc's New Saito!  (Read 13735 times)

Offline proparc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Proparc's New Saito!
« on: April 25, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »
For the longest time, I have been looking for an engine that could take on the latest and most powerful electrics in control line stunt, and stop them cold!

Alright, alright, forget that stuff, that is all just a bunch of cr&^. I really have been wanting a Saito, between my dearly beloved 40A, and my much flown 72. The Saito 56, is the first four stroke to make Control Line Stunt history. It was the first 4 stroke World F2B Champion, (Remy Beringer) and, the first Unites States Nationals Walker Cup Champion, (Paul Walker).

While I have racked up many years of experience with the Saito's, none in particular was with the 56. That problem is now solved. ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:41:29 AM by proparc »
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: Proparc's New Saito!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 06:16:47 PM »
Great engines that are perfect for a Legacy size stunt ship.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:35:30 AM »
Bob take a good look at the castings. This is an early one-the REALLY good ones.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:23:16 AM »
That looks new Milton. Sweet score. I have never had a 56. Like you, I've had the 40a and i currently have a 72 ( not being used yet). I've been into the os52 and having fun.
I do, however, have a nice saito 30.... Still deciding what ship to drop that in. I'm really excited about that find!

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 11:33:32 AM »
That looks new Milton. Sweet score. I have never had a 56. Like you, I've had the 40a and i currently have a 72 ( not being used yet). I've been into the os52 and having fun.
I do, however, have a nice saito 30.... Still deciding what ship to drop that in. I'm really excited about that find!

Brand spankin new!! #^
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Online Dave Moritz

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 08:33:10 PM »
Dane:

I too have a Saito 30 and am trying to decide what to place it in. Have just started the search and have come up with three options so far: SIG Skyray, Brodak Super Clown or Brodak Shoestring. These range in size from 355 sq. inches to 395 sq. inches. So far, I've only solicited an opinion from Bob Reeves, and he did all right with a Skyray knockoff. What are your thoughts?

Dave Mo...
It’s a very strange world we live in, Master Jack.” (4 Jacks and a Jill)

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 09:48:42 AM »
Dane:

I too have a Saito 30 and am trying to decide what to place it in. Have just started the search and have come up with three options so far: SIG Skyray, Brodak Super Clown or Brodak Shoestring. These range in size from 355 sq. inches to 395 sq. inches. So far, I've only solicited an opinion from Bob Reeves, and he did all right with a Skyray knockoff. What are your thoughts?

Dave Mo...

Well I'm going to agree with Bob on that.
My twister has an os 30 FS in it.  It flys the pattern just fine (well for me). I can't help but feel that it would be better suited for a Skyray though. There's a very good chance that my saito 30 will go in my Skyray soon. Next year soon.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 05:27:04 PM »
Dane:

Dave Mo...

Definitely the Sig Syray for the Saito 30. That should be awesome, (I have flown the Saito 30-very powerful). When you get a chance, step up to the Saito 40A. You can win Advanced level contests with this motor.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Dennis_Bieber

• 2016 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 09:17:20 PM »
Can someone tell me why this earlier version is better than the new , now available 56?    Thanks.      Dennis

Online Dave Moritz

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 09:42:13 PM »
Dane and Proparc:

Well when the time comes, it looks like it'll be the Skyray hands down! The Saito 40 suggested above sounds tempting, but I'll give it a go by starting with the tamer 30. At my age and level of interest, non-competitive stunt is the goal. Showing off and wowing the relatives at family gatherings or other such events should be fun!

Thanks a bunch, gents!

Dave Mo...

PS: My apologies for the thread drift here!
It’s a very strange world we live in, Master Jack.” (4 Jacks and a Jill)

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 10:23:37 PM »
Can someone tell me why this earlier version is better than the new , now available 56?    Thanks.      Dennis

Better, probably not better. But CL tested and victorious for sure. The one pictured is the FA series engines.

I have a FA series 40, 65 and 72. The 72, I forget which exact series, but neat nonetheless. I am more into the OS engines, but NOT because of any negative reasons. Just availability from when and where I grew up.

My favorite set up is the Doug moon style os 52 FS with the UHP manifold and venturi set.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 05:13:03 AM »
Definitely the Sig Syray for the Saito 30. That should be awesome, (I have flown the Saito 30-very powerful). When you get a chance, step up to the Saito 40A. You can win Advanced level contests with this motor.

Advanced? Maybe you forgot Joe Gilbert cleaned up for two seasons straight in Expert Profile running a 40a.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 05:18:34 AM »

I really have no idea what Proparc was referring to. I have both the older black box and new white box 56's and can see no difference in the way they run.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 01:09:56 PM »
I really have no idea what Proparc was referring to. I have both the older black box and new white box 56's and can see no difference in the way they run.

They don't run any different. The 72's do.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here