Engine basics > Four strokes only

OS FS 26 Surpass - Fuel Tank Setup

<< < (2/10) > >>

Dennis Toth:
Colin,
Change out the fuel pickup line to 5/32" (copper is best for nitro) and drill the cluck tip to same.

Best,    DennisT

Robert Zambelli:
I have a number of planes flying with the Surpass 26, hundreds of flights.
One plane flys with THREE of them.
I’ve had very good results with a plain VECO two-ounce metal tank, non-uniflow, over/under venting, no muffler pressure. The engines are profile mounted.
Up to now, I’ve been using Brodak 10/23, 50-50 castor/synthetic but I plan to mix up some 20/20, 18/2 synthetic/castor to try out.
The Surpass 26 is a very good four cycle engine, requiring minimal fussing and maintenance.
The OS four cycle plug works perfectly.
Best of luck!!
Bob Z.

Colin McRae:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on December 23, 2022, 08:59:11 AM ---Colin,
Due change out the fuel pickup line to 5/32" (copper is best for nitro) and drill the cluck tip to same.

Best,    DennisT

--- End quote ---

Thx Dennis, will do!

Colin McRae:

--- Quote from: Robert Zambelli on December 23, 2022, 02:26:51 PM ---I have a number of planes flying with the Surpass 26, hundreds of flights.
One plane flys with THREE of them.
I’ve had very good results with a plain VECO two-ounce metal tank, non-uniflow, over/under venting, no muffler pressure. The engines are profile mounted.
Up to now, I’ve been using Brodak 10/23, 50-50 castor/synthetic but I plan to mix up some 20/20, 18/2 synthetic/castor to try out.
The Surpass 26 is a very good four cycle engine, requiring minimal fussing and maintenance.
The OS four cycle plug works perfectly.
Best of luck!!
Bob Z.

--- End quote ---

Thx for the info Bob, much appreciated.

4-stokes are new to me so I have lots to learn. I just like the sound and plan to use the 26s on a future warbird model. Maybe a Brodak Yak 9. Might even set it up for 3-line w/ throttle control.

I normally use Brodak 5 & 10/23 fuel. So, I will already have a bunch of the correct fuel for the 26s.

A friend of mine has a Magnum 30 four-stroke on a Wildcat warbird model and uses a metal profile standard vent tank. Not sure if he uses muffler pressure. In any event his model runs great. I will play around w/ the various options to see what works best.

A few experienced members recommend a clunk tank for a 4-stroke, but don't really explain why. My guess is that they fly the pattern and want the clunk design for that purpose. But if one flies sport (and a few basic stunts), not sure it makes any real difference. Others have said a metal non-clunk works fine. I have both and will experiment for best operation.

And I do have the OS F glow plug.

I am excited to get my feet wet w/ a 4-stroke on a CL model!!

Robert Zambelli:
I used one of mine in a Sterling Mustang.
Flew great, took home many trophies in OTS and classic stunt.
I once beat a Super Tiger 60 powered Cardinal with the Mustang.

Bob Z.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version