Engine basics > Four strokes only

OS .20fs CL conversion

(1/2) > >>

Daniel_Munro:
Hi everyone. Just started building a “Blue Pants” for classic. Originally planned on a PAW .19 but I scored an OS 20fs today. I’m thinking I’d like to use this engine on it. Question though, is it worth trying to find a Venturi for it or will it work ok with the throttle locked open? It works fine on smaller 2 cycle engines I’ve used in sports models. Will a 4 cycle still start ok with the throttle wide open?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Robert Zambelli:
Yes, it will work just fine with the throttle wide open.
I have hundreds of flights with my FS20 set up like that.
It really is a great little engine.
I used the Master Airscrew 9-6 and it was perfect.

Bob Z.

Dane Martin:
I had some videos on my ringmaster with the FS20 posted around here somewhere. Plenty of power.  Very worth the conversion.  The black master airscrew 9x6 is the magic prop.

Daniel_Munro:
Thanks for the replies guys. I’ll stay with the throttle locked open, I read on another thread that sealing the barrel with a little silicon helps with air leaking. I’ve got APC and Master Airscrew 9x6 props for it too.

richardm:
Hi Daniel

I have used one in a Veco Tom Tom and a flite streak, 9 x 6 or 9.5 X 4.5 prop, after many hours I had to decarbonise the head, almost totally filled with carbon at the exhaust port, fitted new bearings while in there, great engines, ridiculously economical.

It may have been the first foustroke flown in stunt at a NZ Nationals many moons ago

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version