News:

• April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: magnum XL 61RFS  (Read 2758 times)

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
magnum XL 61RFS
« on: August 08, 2018, 10:46:01 AM »
Is this a good four-stroke to learn how to operate four-strokes? Has anyone had experience with them? Thanks,
dale g

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: magnum XL 61RFS
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 02:17:49 PM »
What's a nice boy like you doing in a place like this?
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 07:38:41 PM »
I was trying to blend in. I've a motor of this type, and don't know if I should pursue its potential or pass it on to someone already schooled in its eccentricities.

It looks to be quite interesting, but I've only seen Saitos and some other brand that escapes me at the moment.

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:43:15 AM »
I used a lot of them in RC. It's the "newer" style. Not new, but modern case from magnum. They discontinued it when the success of the 52fs and 70FS hit big. The 61 and the 70 basically used the same case. The 61 was about 5-6 oz heavier than the 52, and power over the 52 wasn't enough to justify the 61 for most people. So the 52, 70 and 91 are still produced. There was an 80 for a while also. All GREAT runners. I got a magnum 52fs in my triplane.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 02:29:08 PM »
Howard is right Dale "what are you doing a place like this". Looks like I am going to have to tell Linda your hanging out at the 4 stroke forum!! The Magnum 61 4 stroke is a paper weight. Dane Martin is right, the Magnum 52 was\is a much better setup. It's actually not a very good motor to learn stunt 4 strokes because it doesn't run particularly well at all for that purpose period. It is "okay" for sport RC. If you REALLY want to learn 4 strokes motors, you should let me lend you one of my Saito 40A 4 strokes. I think you know what Joe Gilbert and Rich Oliver have been doing with theirs. You'll absolutely love it. y1
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 07:09:53 PM »
Milton, you're right. I shouldn't be here, although I've adjusted the tappets on Chevrolet hot-water sixes a few times.

That little four stroke on Joe's T-6 gets a lot of attention. It's not a radial, but, it doesn't sound like a dirt bike. I think the sound it makes really sounds "right".

Bring one of your 4strokes to the Labor Day Contest, we'll put it in the raffle!

Fly safe,
dale g

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 01:52:17 AM »
. I got a magnum 52fs in my triplane.

*** SIGH ***  I find myself in one of those weak acquiring modes when I buy stuff I really don't need.  There's a guy over on RCG selling three Magnum .52 four stroke engines, one NIB and two used.  I grabbed one of the used engines, though I don't know what I'll do with it.  I guess I might put it in the Cardinal kit that I was saving for my .46 LA-S.  580 sq.in sounds about right, I'd guess.

Dale, sorry to kibitz on your thread.

Mark

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here