Engine basics > Four strokes only

Help with a Saito .30 FS setup "Update Feb. 2nd"

(1/5) > >>

Andrew Borgogna:
I need some information, I am installing a Saito .30 four stroke on a RSM Ringmaster.  The info I need is what would make for a good prop size and where do you locate the fuel feed from the tank relative to the engine?  Also I am planning to use a uniflow tank and right now I am looking at using a 10x4 APC prop.
Andy

Bob Reeves:
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=14255.0

Alan Hahn:
I'm sure that Bob's link is best, but I hazard a guess that a 10-4 is just too low of a pitch for the Saito 30. That pitch would require rpm's in the 11-12krpm range (even before it unloads in the air), a bit too high for the Saito, IMHO.

Robert Zambelli:
Andy - locate the tank right on the intake tube C/L. You may have to shim it a bit but not likely.

I have never had good results with a uniflow on the SAITO 30.

My best results were with a metal 2 ounce tank, Master Airscrew 9 1/2-6 and Brodak 10/23 fuel.
I do not recommend anything lower than a 6 pitch.

I just wire the carb wide open but there may be someone who makes a venturi for the 30.

When you run the 30 on it's side, you can try with and without muffler pressure. When inverted or upright, muffler pressure is pretty much a must.

Bob Z.

Warren Leadbeatter:
Gday

I have a Saito 30 on a Ringmaster. I use a 10x6 tornado and a 3 oz Hayes clunk tank. Speed can be adjusted by setting the throttle.  Mine is currently at 7/8's.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version