News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:47:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Saito 56 Manifold & Venturi  (Read 3136 times)

Offline G McClintic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Saito 56 Manifold & Venturi
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:04:46 AM »
Re-Posting in this Forum as it may get more visibility than the Vendors Forum?

Looking for a Pat Johnston Manifold and Venturi kit for a Saito 56. I have tried contacting Ultra Hobby with no success. Are these still available, or does anyone have one they are willing to part with?

Thanks

Glenn

Offline G McClintic

• New Pilot
Re: Saito 56 Manifold & Venturi
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 11:06:39 PM »
Sounds like there are several ways to convert these engines to CL. If I can't find what I'm looking for I will work on something else - a fixed barrel, or an insert, but I'm posting a picture of what I really want.

Specifically, I want the aluminum block shown here. I have the venturi and needle valve.

Let me know if anyone has one (or can make one??)

Thanks again

Glenn

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 06:48:37 PM »
Heres a fancy pants carb mod, ' borrowed ' from further down this page . http://www.tulsacl.com/SaitoCarb.html

The Big nylon screw choke adjuster is popular , the saying its the only way to adjust the speed , mixture going leaner only burns out the engine .
BERRINGER was Mr Satio as far as control line went . Theres a drawing for his intake on his Sukoi plan .

Is there a Satio ' Control Line ' intake for them now ? . Or is theirs just a adaption of the R C Carb .

Offline G McClintic

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 12:44:20 AM »
I believe the CL version of the Saito engines (if you can find one) uses the stock Carb body with a fixed Barrel and a removable insert. That's only 2 venturi sizes. I want to use an OS FP venturi (maybe the .25 size) and then I can make one if I need a special size. That's why I really like the Pat Johnston design.

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 06:42:36 PM »
I believe the CL version of the Saito engines (if you can find one) uses the stock Carb body with a fixed Barrel and a removable insert. That's only 2 venturi sizes. I want to use an OS FP venturi (maybe the .25 size) and then I can make one if I need a special size. That's why I really like the Pat Johnston design.

did you find a venturi ?  is this the kind you are looking for? post mail me at   lfw914@aol.com
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 09:12:24 PM »

Offline G McClintic

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 10:48:01 PM »
That's a nice design. Similar to the carb mod described above but simple and clean. It seems that it would be easy to tune the power by turning a screw as opposed to changing a venturi. I always thought that a threaded bolt in the flow path would disturb the flow but it can't be any worse than a rotating barrel in an RC carb with odd, elliptical shaped inlet geometry.

Does anyone make these? It would be interesting to run one and get it set-up well.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 05:45:09 AM »
Been watching this thread for some time and decided it needed my view and opinion, considering I have probably spent more time developing and competing with Saito 4 stroke's than anyone (except for maybe Z-Man and Beringer).

Forget the UHP intake, good idea at the time and what I started with but trying to come up with an insert that will work is a big crap shoot. I ended up drilling and taping the side of an insert so I could adjust the choke area with a screw. It sorta worked but was allot more difficult to tune than my carb mod. Also that OS needle isn't fine enough and is sloppy enough you will have run issues. When you can't get two flights with consistent engine runs you will understand.

The Beringer intake is one of the designs I looked at in coming up with my Saito intake mod. That intake isn't easy to make, takes many machine operations and four common machine processes, turning, drilling, milling and taping. My mod can be done with a drill press if that is all you have to work with.

Quit trying to reinvent the wheel, either contact Jim Lee in the vendors section and have him do the mod on your Saito carb or hog an insert out with your drill press and follow the instructions in the above link to my carb.

I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here