News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:18:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Seattle  (Read 7313 times)

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Seattle
« on: August 30, 2008, 04:44:06 PM »
I build and fly stunt and combat planes.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: Seattle
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »
I build and fly stunt and combat planes.
And very well I might add. HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:02:51 PM »
On the NW Skyraider's website (I'm the web guy), we list Vern Bryant as our official club (basic) flight instructor on two pages ("About Us" and "Beginners & Retreads"). Unfortunately, Vern and his wife moved to Long Beach, WA, making it difficult to utilize his enthusiasm. When I pointed this out, the ossifers and board discussed the need for a new instructor, and I have been instructed to (eventually) change the pages to read "contact any club officer". With just a small bribe, I could put Howard's name, email, and phone number in there, instead. All in favor, say "Aye". That's "Aye", not "Eh", Varley!  LL~ Steve
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:32:18 PM by Steve Helmick »
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 11:55:10 PM »
I'll need to get me a trainer.  I'll try to make one using an F2D wing.
The Jive Combat Team

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
Howard,

Does this mean that now when I ask you a trim or engine run quesiton, you won't just point at Paul and walk away?
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 12:00:54 AM »
You know more than I do about stunt engines and airplanes.  I'd only be useful at the rookie level.  Combat is another matter, although I'm getting obsolete there.
The Jive Combat Team

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 08:34:36 PM »
Yes, Howard, please advise Randy on flying comBAT.  LL~ Sorry, Mr. Powell, I couldn't resist...well, I coulda, but I didn't feel like it.  VD~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Patrick Finnigan

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 02:17:57 PM »
Hey a local!  I'm in Des Moines,  but I grew up in Kent. Where do you fly? Back when I was flying regularly my dad, brother and I would either go to a culdesack circle or down to the soccer field in kent (where Showare Center is now) I put a lot of good planes in the ground there.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 05:45:18 PM »
Our club meeting is 7:30 this evening (Tuesday, May 10) at Denny's on Central in Kent.  Hope to see you there.
The Jive Combat Team

Offline Patrick Finnigan

• New Pilot
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 10:01:18 PM »
Well, I think I missed the meeting.  I worked a 12 hour day.
I'll try to make the next one.

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 02:29:16 PM »
Patrick,
The Seattle guys fly at the South end of the Auburn airport.  Most evenings when the weather is good you might find someone there.  There is a stunt judging clinic this weekend being held there.  Also in just about a month there will be a 2 day contest at the site.  Old time, classic and profile on Saturday and 4 classes of Precision Aerobatics on Sunday.  Flying usually starts 9 to 10ish depending on the size of the entry. 
Alan Resinger

Offline Patrick Finnigan

• New Pilot
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
Sounds good.  If I can break away,  I'll have to check it out. There used to be a spot in Kent by the river. But I haven't seen anyone flying there in a while. 

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 03:49:39 PM »
Patrick you know about this website right?
http://flyinglines.org/
all the news thats fit to print right there,,
upcoming contests
flying sites
clubs
cool airplane pictures
and sometimes stuff about those rowdy combat guys too
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 07:28:05 PM »
Sounds good.  If I can break away,  I'll have to check it out. There used to be a spot in Kent by the river. But I haven't seen anyone flying there in a while. 

Regarding the "Riverwalk Park" site, the Army Corps of Engineers rebuilt the river there to add some un-needed Salmon resting coves, built a pedestrian bridge and tore the hell out of our two grass circles. They really didn't provide any place to park motor vehicles, and if some do, the vehicles may be subjected to B&E or vandalism. We may eventually find ourselves back there, but there is also a place to fly in So. Auburn in a mowed park...we had to mow Riverwalk ourselves, generally.

NW Skyraiders meeting is 2nd Tuesday night at the Kent Denny's at N. Central & WA 167. Some of us hungry types get there about 6:30pm for "hangar talk", with the short business meeting starting at 8pm and usually over by 9pm. 

Do check out www.flyinglines.org, for sure.   y1 Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here