News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Northern Virginia  (Read 3887 times)

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Northern Virginia
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »
If you are in the Washington, DC area check out our new web-site at www.nvcontrolline.com

We have monthly meetings, a flying site, building sessions, and flight training.

Scott

Offline Michael Higgins

• New Pilot
Re: Northern Virginia
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »
Hi Scott,

I'm looking forward to joining and attending a NVCL meeting soon since I'm just getting back into this great hobby after a 12 year hiatus - keeping very busy.

I started back in 1996 with a few friends competing in a C/L stunt competition in NC taking 1st Place that year followed by going to the NATS in 1997 where I took 2nd place in Beginner Stunt.  So much FUN!

I'm in the process of stripping, sanding and re-covering my planes now - two Sterling P51s, Brodak Tanager, SIG Twister and SIG Banshee.  I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again soon and flying with the club.

My dad was friends and flew with Ted Snow in Tucson, AZ back in the early 60s and has a couple of his designs to include a beautiful WWI bi-plane that uses a Fox .35.  Similar in size to the .38 Special.

Mike Higgins

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:59:21 PM by Michael Higgins »

Offline Steve MIller

• New Pilot
Re: Northern Virginia
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 04:47:27 PM »
Hello Scott:

I'm in Richmond VA and interested in flying after 42 years away from the hobby.

I recently acquired a Banshee kit which I plan to build soon but have a couple old planes which may be serviceable.

Wondering if you know any folks down here I might make contact with. My father flew when I was a kid but his old amigos have passed.

Thank you
Steve M

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here